Chapter 3 - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

PARTY POISON'S POV.

It feels like I only go backwards, baby.

Clutching the trans am steering wheel in silence, in the absence of Suicide Spark for the entire night is definitely not how I thought I would spend this evening at all. Even her name bouncing around my thoughts made me feel nauseous. Whatever the industry had in store for her made me extremely nervous and uneasy, which if anything only fuelled the fire to go save her sooner.

Every inch of my being wanted to turn this car around and save her, but I knew that would be pure suicide. Last time she was gone I nearly lost my mind and was confused about how I felt. Now, I had my shit together. I will find my team, devise a plan, save my girl, and stop Korse somewhere in the mix.

Those goals seemed very out of reach as of now, which is why I was currently focussed on finding the fabulous killjoy's.

Little specks of sunlight began bouncing off the horizon, indicating just how long I had been driving for. I could feel the bags under my eyes sting from concentrating on keeping them open. I knew I needed sleep but for some reason I felt sleep would not find me tonight.

It was one occurring problem after the next right now. Not only did I need to find my group, I needed to do more research in what Val Velocity meant by their being a spy within our killjoy ranks. After getting to know the mysterious killjoy a little bit more last night, I've come to the conclusion I do trust him.

Sometimes I questioned why every problematic thing that has occured within our group in the past few months all revolve around Suicide Spark. Then I remember, I love that girl way too much to question anything she does.

Her talent of continuously getting captured by the BL/I astounded me, but she could do no wrong. I would always be there to save her. Together we are great. The routine of Spark getting into trouble was becoming far too familiar, and her once again going to the city made me feel like I was going backwards.

Feels like we only go backwards, darling.

My mind was focussed too much on Spark, I needed to find my team right now. Snapping my racing thoughts back into reality, clutching the trans am steering wheel in the process, I directed my thoughts back to where my friends could be.

My best bet to finding them was the trusted old diner. The enemy knew we had departed that hideout, meaning they would stay far away from there. So, with a heavy heart and a swarmed mind, I continued driving towards zone four, where I hoped and prayed familiar faces would await me.

If they weren't in the diner, I had no clue where else to start looking for them. We have allies all over the zones, they could have sought help anywhere from one to six. They were after all, the fabulous killjoys. 

-

After an uneventful few hours of driving at a speed that would be illegal if there were people around to enforce the law, I finally reached the diner situated in zone four.

Before I even got out of the trans am, I was greeted with the familiar face of Fun Ghoul. He looked a bit more drained and sleep deprived, yet his cheeky smile never faltering for a second.

I climbed out of the vehicle feeling instantly ten times more relaxed. At least now I wouldn't have to go searching for my friends out in the desert. A relieved smile gripped my features for a moment before disappearing as I walked towards Fun Ghoul.

"Poison! Are we sure glad to see you." Ghoul exclaimed, jumping down from an old ice box that was kept outside the diner before the industries took control. "Kobra's gonna' be so relieved. The poor kid's been stressin' like a mom for the past day." 

I would usually laugh, or even smile at the thought of my brother acting like the typical mother of the group, but the tired, blank expression refused to move from my facial features.

"Rough night I take it? Hey where's Spark?" Ghoul asked standing on his tip - toes in attempts to peer over my shoulder in direction of the trans am. An uncomfortable lump grew in my throat with each passing moment.

As if on queue, Kobra rushed outside joining Ghoul and I, his stressed features instantly relaxing when he saw I was here. 

"Party." Kobra sighed in thanks. "I was beginning to think things had gone all costa rica with you and Spark on the roads." 

"They did, Kobra."

"What?!" Ghoul and Kobra both exclaimed in unison. Kobra looked behind me in the trans am, slowly connecting the dots that Suicide Spark was not with me.

"Poison... Where's spark?" Kobra asked suspiciously, lowering his ray band sunglasses so I could clearly see his identical eyes to mine.

"We better go inside. We've a lot to discuss." I said while walking past the two confused killjoys and furiously rubbing my eyes in hopes to keep me awake.

-

A/N: Happy new year killjoys!! Sorry this has taken forever to update, I can promise their will be more frequent updates in the new year :-)