A ring

It had been half a year since your recovery and you had been with Alec for seven months already but you never had had a real date because of all the demon hunting and your deadly injure. But tonight Alec had invited you to your first one and you were very happy to finally be totally alone with him.

You went to isabelle because you had nothing to wear in your opinion and thought that she would lend you something like she often did.

You knocked on her door and she opened it. "Come in! How can I help you?" She asked surprised. "Well today is my first date with Alec." You told her. "Really? Congrats!" she said. "And I need something to wear." "I think I got something just for the occasion." She went to her wardrobe and few minutes later brought out a long silky dark blue dress with no sleeves. "Oh my god it's beautiful! But this is your favourite dress." You said. "I know and that's why I'm giving you this because you are my best friend and I'm 100 percent sure my brother won't get a word out of his mouth when he sees you." Isabelle said. "And I think this silver shawl and these black high heels would fit perfectly." She added. You put them on and looked yourself from the mirror.

"You look stunning! I could never look so good in that." Said isabelle. "I doubt that Izzy!" you smiled. "Now we just have to do your hair and make up." Said she ignoring your last argument.

Meanwhile Alec gave Jace a little visit.

He knocked on his door and invited him in. "What's up?" Jace asked Alec. "Well I have a date with (y/n) tonight." Alec answered. "Yeah!?" jace said. "And I have a proposal for her." Alec told Jace. "Really? And if I may ask what kind of a proposal it is?" "Well it's kind of a marrying proposal." Alec said and fished out a navy blue ring box from his suit pocket. He opened it and asked: "Jace, to you think she will like it?" "You had to buy her such a fancy one. Soon Clary will want one too." Groaned Jace but smiled happily. "so you think..." Alec started but was cut off by Jace. "She will not like it. She will love it because she loves you and nothing more matters." "You think?" Alec asked. "I'm sure. She would marry you even if you gave her a ring made out of string." Jace laughed warmly. "Okay I have to get going now." Alec smiled. "Wish me luck." "Don't worry she will say yes." Jace said. "Wait!" he added and fixed Alec's tie straight. "Good luck!" and Alec said before leaving the room: "Thank you!"

He walked through the corridor and saw you walking towards him. He stopped and looked at you. His chin dropped. You walked up to him and shut his mouth with a kiss. "You look absolutely stunning." He finally got a word out of his mouth. "Thank you! You look pretty nice yourself too." You giggled as he embraced you. "Let's go! We need to use the portal.," he said taking your hand. "Where are you taking me?" you asked Alec as he pulled you through the portal.