Life Is Such A Drag

^Mr. Michaels up top.^

~Val~

I was in the mood for a cigarette. I don't have an addictive nature so I wasn't hooked on the things but once in a while I just wanted one. I guess it had to do with what happened yesterday with my personal treasure hunt for my class and the beating Andy got.

Right now I was standing outside in the court yard, it was lunch time but I wasn't in the mood for food, just a smoke. Sneaking to a spot far from any teacher who might pass by I walked between a huge tree and the school building and sank down against the wall.

Reaching in my jacket pocket I took out my brand new pack I just got today. Put the filter up to my mouth and lit the end, taking a nice long drag.

"That looks refreshing" a voice came from nowhere and I screeched in fright, dropping the burning cigarette in my lap.

"Shit!" I coughed fiercely, the smoke clouding around me from my mouth and nose as I snatched the thing up before it burnt a hole in my jeans. I glared up at whoever interrupted my first drag, in who knows how long. I was surprised to see meet Andy's heavily dark ringed blue eyes and my anger was gone just as quickly as it came. I watched him slowly and carefully sit up against the tree opposite of me.

"Are you well enough to even be at school right now?" I asked putting the cigarette back up to my mouth.

"Oh, this was nothing more than a scratch." He said closing his eyes and waving his hand in front of him as to express his statement. I rolled my eyes and exhaled laying my arm over my bent knee; my eyes dropped downwards surveying the smoking cylinder object in between my fingers. It might sound weird but I felt the tension in my body slowly dissolve as the velvety smoke did its job before leaving.

"Do you have another one of those?" his voice was soft. I pulled the pack out and threw them in his direction which he caught out of reflex but it caused him to wince and I grimace in return.

"Sorry"

"Don't worry about it." he told me taking one out, used the lighter that I had tucked into the clear packaging around the box and throwing it back.

"So tell me how did your hospital visit go?"

When we had arrived at the nurse's office she had poked around on him before she told us that it looked serious and he would need to go to the hospital for a more thorough examination.

He hmphed, before sucking the crap out of his cigarette.

"That bad?" I asked

"That bad?! That barbarian went and fractured three of my ribs and I had a little internal bruising!"

My eyes widened in shock, I can't believe he was letting that ass get away with it. I had told him to tell the nurse when she had left the room but he shook his head.

"Are you going to tell the principle or report him to the police?" this questioned was answered with a 'Are you Serious' expression.

"No" he muttered under his breath which caused me to frown. He didn't sound like he wanted to keep the guy safe, so why was he not ratting the douche out?! But from the look on his face I could tell he wasn't in the mood to tell me so I shrugged it off and went back to my cigarette.

When the bell rung I smashed the butt into the dirt and hopped to my feet.

"Well time for more school, yay." I said with a sarcastic cheery voice.