Chapter 4

Oliver closed his eyes, waiting for the inevitable piercing of his flesh from a bullet. He instantly wishes he had more time to live so he could say how sorry he was to Connor for everything he'd done to him. All the stress, all the worrying, he can never apologize all because of one bullet.

But the pain never comes

He opens his eyes slowly to see Phillip lying on the ground, gripping his shoulder, gun still in hand

Oliver whipped his head around to the door of the warehouse, to see Anneliese standing there, regal as ever, with a gun in hand pointed at the spot Phillip had previously been standing.

She walked up to Phillip quickly and shot two more rounds into his chest, making sure the job is done.

Oliver is so in shock that he doesn't hear Connor saying his name

"....iver? Oliver? OLIVER!"

Oliver snapped out of his trance and looked up at Connor, who had a worried expression again

"Are you OK? Did he hurt you?" Connor frantically asks

"No, I'm fine. Really I'm fine"

Once Connor is sure that Oliver is OK, he turns his attention to Annelise, who is still staring at Phillip with an emotionless look.

"Oliver, can you see if there's anything on Phillips laptop that can give us more proof of what he is?" Connor asks

"Yeah, absolutely" Oliver says as he walks over to the technology and starts experimenting.

Anneliese then walked over to Connor, setting a fair distance between him and herself

Connor couldn't think of anything to say, so he simply said "aren't you supposed to be drunk?"

"Maybe that helped with what I just did. Made it easier"

"Why did you do that? You killed him for me and Oliver. Why?"

"Like I've always said, its to protect you. And since Oliver was one of us, I felt it was important to protect him too. I use past tense since I assume he won't be working with us anymore?"

Connor gave a small laugh. "No, he won't be. I think he's had enough excitement for one life time"

He chuckled as he looked over at Oliver to see how he was doing, but laughter soon turned into panic.

Oliver was so involved with the laptop break down, that he hadn't noticed Phillip, gasping and clutching his wound, sit up and point his gun right at Olivers back.

Connor, without thinking, sprinted towards Oliver with Anneliese right behind him, gun pointed at Phillip.

Right as Phillip pulled the trigger and let a bullet fly forward, Connor managed to push Oliver out of the way while Anneliese put three more bullets into Phillips chest, killing him slowly.

Connor heard Oliver's panicked scream at the same time he felt the bullet tear through his stomach, and feeling himself fall, blood pouring out of the wound and onto the cold warehouse floor