2: College

Aka (called Sam at school) walked alongside her sister, Calypso (called Callie at school)

"Hey Sam! Hey Callie!" One of Sam's closest friends ran at them, flailing her arms. She reached them, panting.

"Hi, Bonnie!" Sam greeted

"You guys walk so fast!" She breathed, "I can hardly keep up with you!"

Sam and Callie laughed and scratched the backs of their necks when Sam caught a familiar scent. Callie smelled it too

"So tell me, who's your boyfriend?" Callie broadly grinned at her sister

"What on earth are you talking about?" Sam stated

"Sam's got a boyfriend?" Bonnie gasped

"No I don't!" Sam said firmly

"Oh is that so?" Callie dragged out the last word, "then who was in your room last night?"

It was safe to talk about more "bearish" things around Bonnie. Sam trusted her with any secret, no matter how large.

"Just some kid who got lost. I think he was from The Yellow Moon Pack." Sam clarified

Both Callie and Bonnie had their eyebrows raised and were trying to keep in snickers.

"Whatever you say, Sam." They half giggled.

Sam sighed and they walked the remaining distance to the school. Sam and Callie waved their goodbyes to Bonnie and walked to their respective lockers. Sam's head bolted upwards when she caught the same scent that woke her up last night. She whipped around to glare at the same boy she saw the night before.

"What?" She snapped at the boy

"Aka d-" Eli was interrupted by Sam's hand covering up his mouth and her dragging him aside.

"First of all, how do you know my name, and second of all, call me Sam while we're at school."

Eli stared into her brown eyes, slightly frightened, but managed to squeak out a feeble "Sorry."

Sam relaxed a bit as Eli spoke, but tensed back up when he got to the bit after she shooed him out of her den. "You stayed?" She asked, "do you realize what could have happened if my mother didn't like werewolves as much as she does? Why do you think we moved so close to your pack's territory?"

"I'm sorry! I got lost and I couldn't find my way back! I had to!" The words rushed out of Eli's mouth. Sam tensed up.

"You're lucky this is school. I wouldn't have hesitated to knock you senseless if we were back in the woods." Sam spat. "What are you doing?"

Eli was following Sam at her heels like a puppy. "Don't you have Chemistry first period?" He asked shyly

"Well, yes." Sam replied, "don't tell me, you do too?"

Eli nodded his head

Sam grunted and they walked, not making eye contact with one another to their first class of the day.

"So what's your name?" Sam asked Eli as they sat down in neighboring seats in professor Quinn's tremendously boring classroom.

"Eli." He responded shyly

"Pleasure." Sam said flatly, "the name's Sam, here at least, but you already know that."

Professor Quinn's monotone voice signaled that he was taking attendance.

The lesson dragged on, and Sam became fascinated by a bird hopping about on a branch of a nearby tree halfway through. Eli meanwhile was propping his head up with his arm, trying not to fall asleep in the middle of the elderly teacher's lesson.

Though professor Quinn was a man with a very boring personality, he always dressed in bright pastel colors with a new bow tie for each day of the week. Today he was wearing a bright turquoise bow around his short neck. He peered at the students through large square glasses with thick dark purple rims.

The only student who liked the lesson was Audrey, a small girl with long brown hair that was so curly that the person sat directly behind her could not see much, not that they wanted to.

Audrey was the opposite of everyone in the school. She found classes that everyone found boring riveting, and classes that everyone found fascinating yawn worthy.

She stared at professor Quinn's whiteboard with unwavering attention as he scribbled out chemical formulas. He even tried cracking a few chemistry jokes to rial up the dead air of the room. Of course, the only person to laugh was Audrey.

The bell rang to signal the end of the period, and everyone crowded the door to rush to their next class.

Sam's next class was math. She sighed as Eli quickly caught up to her and began walking alongside her. Her sister also joined and they went off to the other side of the building.

"I see you've met up with your boyfriend." Cassie commented, smirking up at Sam

"Wha- boyfriend?" Eli said shocked

Sam didn't respond, but instead glared blankly ahead.

The trio reached the math room that was taught by Mrs. Kings, a strict teacher who always wore her black hair in a neat bun that never had a single flyaway hair. Mrs. Kings was shorter than Sam, but Sam was a very tall girl.

"Please take your seats." She huffed at the class

Sam, Eli, and Callie took neighboring seats and the lesson began.

•••••••••••••••