.:. June 6, 2013 .:.

"Stories never really end, even if the books like to pretend they do. Stories always go on. They don't end on the last page, any more than they begin on the first page."

― Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Perhaps there's another, much larger story behind the printed one, a story that changes just as our own world does. And the letters on the page tell us only as much as we'd see peering through a keyhole. Perhaps the story in the book is just the lid on a pan: It always stays the same, but underneath there's a whole world that goes on - developing and changing like our own world."

― Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The world was a terrible place, cruel, pitiless, dark as a bad dream. Not a good place to live. Only in books could you find pity, comfort, happiness - and love. Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you security and friendship and didn't ask anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly."

― Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dustfinger inspected his reddened fingers and felt the taut skin. "He might tell me how my story ends," he murmured.

Meggie looked at him in astonishment. "You mean you don't know?"

Dustfinger smiled. Meggie didn't particularly like this smile.

"What's so unusual about that, princess?" he asked quietly. "Do you know how your story ends?"

Meggie had no answer to that.

― Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Things never happen the same way twice. "

- Narnia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"But there is good and reason in us, in human beings, with whom fortune plays, and we can be stronger than nature and fate, if only for a few hours. And we can draw close to one another in times of need, understand and love one another, and live to comfort each other. And sometimes, when the black depths are silent, we can do even more. We can then be gods for moments, stretch out a commanding hand and create things which were not there before and which, when they are created, continue to live without us."

- Herman Hesse - Gertrude

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Its not just the right of the person who speaks to be heard, it is the right of everyone in the audience to listen and to hear, and every time you silence somebody you make yourself a prisoner of your own action because you deny yourself the right to hear something."

- Christopher Hitchens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" The further you go, the harder it is to return. "

- Anderson Cooper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Some things have to be believed to be seen."

― Madeleine L'Engle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Just because we don't understand doesn't mean that the explanation doesn't exist."

― Madeleine L'Engle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light."

― Madeleine L'Engle, A Ring of Endless Light

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" It was an extraordinary gift for hope, a readiness such as I have not found in any other person, and will likely never see again."

- The Great Gatsby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind. "

- Lilo and Stitch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The only limit is the one you set yourself"

- Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eragon looked back at him, confused. "I don't understand."

"Of course you don't," said Brom impatiently. "That's why I'm teaching you and not the other way around."

― Christopher Paolini, Eragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The greatest enemy is one that has nothing to lose."

― Christopher Paolini, Eragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sometimes there are no answers."

― Christopher Paolini, Eragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thou cannot harm a butterfly, without troubling a star."

― Madeleine L'Engle, Troubling a Star

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery and I promise you, something great will come of it."

- source: tumblr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~