A Miserable Life

"I promise I will never hurt you, and I promise to always protect you".

Hey! Hey! Hey! I know your dumb ass not daydreaming again! Before I could regain my focus Jake's hand went across my face. "Bitch I swear you are working my last nerve I'm going out. When I get back dinner better be waiting on me". I watched as Jake got ready and left me alone again. He does this all the time and so honestly it doesn't bother me as much.

4 hours later I hear Jake's truck door slam and I pray he's not drunk. The door opens and luckily he's not staggering in. Instead he has a huge grin on his face. "Baby I'm sorry about earlier" Jake said, "I promise I'll do better". "You promise"? I said, "I promise baby I never intentionally will hurt you" Jake said. Now Toni come give me a hug". I hugged him and I could smell another's woman perfume.

I wanted to say something but I already knew the outcome. I went to fix our plates and we sat down to a surprisingly great dinner and convo. It was time to get ready for bed and Jake came at me with lust in his eyes. "Baby after I get out the shower I want to show you how much I love you". " Okay I'll be waiting" I said, while moisturizing my legs. When I heard the shower door close I quickly ran to my birth control pills I had secretly hidden. I wasn't going to bring a baby into this mess and that's all Jake wants.

"Hmm baby you feel so good. I love you so much" Jake said, as he grabbed my throat while uncontrollably thrusting into me. "Jake could you slow down a little and not grab my neck...you're hurting me". Jake looked at me deep into me eyes and smiled then with no warning pulled out and did one big thrust into me causing me to tear up. "Don't you ever tell me how to please you, I know you like it rough so that's how I give it to you"!

"Toni! Wake up"! I opened my eyes to see Jake standing over me. "The neighbor is down stairs and he wanted to borrow some cream for his coffee". "Ok it's down in the cabinet beside the sugar" I said while rolling over back into my pillow. "No bitch go get the cream for the man. I'm not your servant what the fuck is wrong with you".

I walked down stairs to see this slender, tall brown skin man. "Good morning" I said, I immediately noticed that he was fine as hell. "Good morning I'm sorry to interrupt your sleeping but coffee is my morning medicine. I would had stopped to a coffee shop but they are always so packed and take forever" he chuckled. "It's no problem at all I understand I'm the same way" I smiled.

"Well baby I'm out of here. I have to fly to Chicago today and then Orlando. I'll call you tonight to check up on you" said Jake. "Okay talk to you later" I said. "I should be getting out of here too thanks for the cream" the neighbor smiled and I almost melted. And just like that I was alone again at home. The whole morning I kept thinking about the guy. It was crazy how I didn't even know his name but I was feeling him.

The day went by fast and before I knew it the sun was slowly going down. Since Jake wasn't in town I saw no point in cooking. I was going to go pick up something when I opened my door and the neighbor was standing there. "Oh I'm sorry I hope I didn't scare you. I brought you some cream" he said. "Oh you didn't have to do that" I said. "No it's okay I'll let you get on your way then". "I'm just going to get something to eat right quick before Empire comes on". "Well I'm cooking dinner and I'm not a top chef but I can cook a mean dish. You should join me. Plus I like to watch Empire too". As he was talking I got lost just staring at his lips. "Hello, are you still there" he said laughing.

"Oh I'm sorry... I didn't get your name" I said staring into his eyes. "Oh I apologize I'm Kenneth, and your name is Toni right"? "Nice to meet you Kenneth and I would love to join you tonight" we both laughed as I locked my door and followed him to his house.