Too Good To Be True

Jake has been on vacation for these past two weeks. He's being so nice and considerate of my feelings. He hasn't called me out of my name or hit me. Jake is cooking, cleaning and buying me nice things. Since Jake has been home nonstop I haven't been able to talk or spend time with Ken. I know he's pissed off at me right now probably because of that.

"Jake, baby that was delicious. I didn't know you could cook like that" I smirked. "Well I hope your as delicious as that meal" Jake bit his bottom lip. Jake came towards me and started tickling me and I took off running upstairs. "I'll be right back baby" Jake said jogging off.

I sat on the bed looking at my feet. "Should I take my birth control pill? Jake has really changed but it's only been a couple of weeks? I can't lie I've fallen in love with him all over again. I think we should create a little us" I thought smiling.

"Aww I love that smile" Jake said while taking my hand. "Lets try for a baby tonight" I blurted out. "Really! Oh baby I love you so much" he said excitedly.

Jake decided to take another couple of weeks off from work. Everyday we tried for a baby...sometimes 2 to 3 times. It's been a month and I can tell a slight change in my body. Jake went back to work this morning so I headed out to the store to buy a pregnancy test. As I was coming back Ken was coming back from his morning jog.

"Hi Ken." I happily said. "Good morning neighbor" Ken said not looking in my direction. "Neighbor? Look Ken I'm sorry that I went ghost on you. It's just Jake has been home so much and" Kenny interrupted me. "I understand I overstepped my boundaries with a married woman. Have a nice life" Ken said sadly.

"Ken you act like we still can't see each other anymore". "We can't Toni. I got a promotion" Ken said smiling. "Congrats Ken I'm so proud of you" I screamed. "Thank you. The job is in New York. I'm not selling my house so I'll be back from time to time " he said looking down. "Well have a nice life Ken. I hope all your dreams come true" I said with tears in my eyes. "All my dreams will never come true until you become mine" Ken smiled and walked off.

I went in the house and took the pregnancy test I brought. I laid down and feel asleep. I woke up 2 hours later and ran into the bathroom. "I'm going to be a mommy! I'm going to be a mommy!" I yelled running through the house.

It's been 9 months and I'm big as a house. I'm so uncomfortable and feel so miserable. But the joy of knowing I'm caring my baby boy is all worth it. Jake has been pulling extra flights so when the baby comes he can stay for a couple months with me.

Ding Dong! I slowly walked down the stairs to the front door. "Who is it?" I asked but got no reply. I looked through the peep hole and saw Ken standing with a smile on his face. "Kennn!" I screamed opening the door. "Toni! You're pregnant?" Ken said shocked. "Yeah I'm 9 months and miserable" we laughed.

"Well I wanted to surprise you. I missed you so much" he said hugging me. "Aww that's so sweet. So you didn't come over to get your packages UPS dropped off?" I asked laughing. "You got me I came over for those really" he chuckled.

Ken phone vibrates and his face lights up. "Who's that your girlfriend" I asked a little jealous. "Umm no she's just a friend, someone I met in NY". "Are you guys having sex" I blurted out jealously. Ken stared at the floor then looked up at me and smiled. "Hell yea I'm knocking that out the park everyday, sometimes all night" he laughed. "You animal" I said laughing. "You are so beautiful. I missed that smile and personality" Ken came towards me.

"You still didn't answer my question" I said rubbing my belly. "Oh yeah we've fooled around a couple of times nothing major" he shrugged. "Ken how could you say that? When a woman gives her body to a man she believes and trust him" I raised my voice. "I know that Tone..you'll see what I'm talking about when you meet her. She's not trying to be anything more than a friend with benefits" Ken shook his head.

"Anyway I see Jake finally came to his senses and realized he has a diamond. I guess our talk at the bar got him thinking" he asked. "What talk y'all had at the bar?" I asked surprised. "A couple of months before I left he came in the bar while I was in there. Everything was cool until he started talking about someone said we were getting to cozy with each other. He started going off and calling you weak and out of your name. So I told him he was insecure and that he should treat you better since you're a reflection of him, then I left." Ken said rubbing my stomach.

I couldn't do anything but stare at the tv. I can't believe him. I thought he changed because he wanted to change. To find out he only changed because he got jealous pisses me off so much. All of this love and affection wasn't sincere at all. Now I'm about to bring a baby into something I didn't want to. "Ouchhhhh Ken I think I'm having contractions help me up" I screamed. As soon as I got up my water broke. Ken rushed and grabbed my bag and walked me to his car. 30 minutes later I was in a hospital room.