Farewell

"Tone eventually he's going to turn back into an asshole. He's not going to change completely that's impossible for a man to do. He's going to turn crazier than he was before baby" Ken said softly. I put my head down and the room became silent. "When are we leaving?" I asked smiling. "I'm going through the final stages of selling my house so hopefully next week" Ken said hugging me.

Suddenly we heard Jake's truck door slam and Ken kissed me and took off out the backdoor.

"What's wrong with you?" Jake asked looking around. "Nothing why are you asking me that" I said nervously. "I don't know it just seems like you were being sneaky" he walked towards me.

"No. I wasn't doing anything. I had just came from checking on Adrian upstairs." I protested lightly shouting. Jake looked at me and I knew what was about to come next. Jake slapped my 3 times then made me cook him dinner. I cooked his dinner and fed the baby. "I said I wanted corn you stupid bitch! You can't do shit right! This is why I do you how I do!" Jake yelled scaring Adrian. "Jake your scaring Adrian and your about to make him cry." I yelled. "He better not cry! I'm not raising no punk so he better toughen up right now." He yelled walking towards us. "He's a baby Jake not a grown man" I yelled. "Go put him to bed right now! That's the second time you've raised your voice at me! When he's asleep I want you down here! He said drinking a beer.

I tried my best to not get Adrian to go to sleep but eventually fell asleep in my arms. "Jesus please watch over me and my baby tonight. I know you wont put anything on me more than I can bare but I couldn't possibly be this strong. I know I've messed up and really don't deserve much but please help me." I kissed Adrian on his forehead and went downstairs.

"Took long enough" Jake screamed. "Jake, baby I'm sorry. Lets just watch some tv and talk about our day" I said looking down. "We can do that shit later. You were talking to me crazy so I'm going to get crazy on you. Take off all of your clothes and you better do it silently. I don't want to hear you say a motherfucking word!" Jake said taking off his belt.

"Didn't I tell you!". Jake screamed at me and then beat me with the belt for almost 3 hours. I woke up the next morning to Jake standing over me. "Hey wake up. I fed and changed Adrian diaper. I'm leaving now. I love you." Jake said slamming the front door.

I got up and went upstairs and saw my body in the mirror. It looked like I had been ran over with a bicycle. I got in the shower and every inch of my body stung. I bathed then got out and got dressed. I then packed all my stuff and packed Adrian's.

Later that afternoon Ken came over. As soon as he walked in the house he attacked me with kisses. "You're in a great mood" I said laughing. "Well I just sold my house for triple the price I paid for it so you know" Ken grinned. "How did you do that?" I asked. "This lady loves the house and said no price was too much. So we started throwing out a number and she was like sold" Ken chuckled.

"Well that great because I've already packed our stuff up" I said kissing Kenny. "Damn already well all my stuff is gone to New York so if you're ready lets go" Ken said pulling me up. We packed up and left.

I have so many thoughts running through my mind. I keep wondering what Jake is going to do when he finds out that Adrian and I are gone. Kenny kisses my hand and snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Relax Tone you guys are safe. He can't hurt you now" Ken said softly.

Since Jake worked for the airlines we decided to drive. 30+ hours of nothing but the open road to freedom.