dinner with the charmings

Regina's POV
~~~~~~
It's 4:30 in the afternoon and I'm feeling much better. We are o our way to the charmings apartment. All three of us are all dressed up and ready to enjoy a fun night with family, well maybe I wasn't ready to have fun with the cahrmings, especially after our history.

We pull up next to Davids truck and get out. Emma hands me a bouquet of snowbells. "If you want to make a good impression and show them that you have really changed give this to them." She said with a smile. I smiled back weakly and took the flowers. We walked up the stairs up to the apartment, but before we knocked on the door, Emma grabbed my hand and looked at me. "Regina, I know this is going to be hard for you, but please, try and show them who you are now." She said pleadingly. I nodded and have her a quick kiss. "Moms!" Henry whined. Emma and I laughed and Emma finally knocked on the door. Litterally not more than 5 seconds passed by before Mary Margret opened the door. She flung her arms around Emma "Emma, I'm so so sorry, again. I just feel horrible." Emma broke away. "Mom, it's okay, would we have come if we didn't forgive you?" Emma said. I rolled my eyes, she knew still don't trust the charmings let alone forgive them. "Regina you look great!" She said with a smile. I smiled back and handed her the flowers. "Wow regina, how did you know that snow bells are my favorite?" "I was your step mother long enough to know dear." I said with a smile. Mary Margret opened the door and let us in after hugging Henry. I stepped into the loft and did my best to smile at Mary Margaret, but I don't think it was as kind as I thought it was because Emma rolled her eyes.

We walk into the loft apartment and take off our jackets and hang them on the coat rack. I look around and admire all the beautiful Christmas decorations, but don't say anything about it.a few seconds later, I hear Neal screaming in the other room. Mary Margret smiles at me and I smile in return trying to do my best for Emma's sake. "Emma, Henry, will you please help David set the table for dinner?" Snow asks. "Sure mom." Emma replies happily and walks over to the small kitchen with Henry. "Hey Regina, why don't you come with me?" She says. Shit. I haven't been here for more than five minutes and she already has something to say. This can't be good. I look at Emma who is staring at me. She nods her head and I follow her mother into Neal's room. Mary margret flips on the bedroom light before heading to the crib where Neal was crying. She carefully lifted him up and carried him over to the rocking chair in the corner. She began nursing him and I looked at Mary Margret and smiled. They were so sweet together. I've been longing to have a connection, a bond with my own child, but it's just never worked out I guess. Mary Margret returned the smile I gave her before beginning to talk. "So, Regina, how far along are you?" She asked with a huge grin on her face. I stared at her confused for a moment, before realizing... "oh I'm not pregnant." I sighed and looked down at my feet. I wish I was though was what I wanted to add but decided against it. "Oh come on Regina, your glowing! And don't forget that morning sickness you've been having." She said, the grin on her face growing bigger by the second. I looked up at her in shock, not believing it, but then again, what else would explain my sickness? Sure it occured to me that I might be pregnant, but I've known for years I was infertile from that stupid potion. "Love is weakness." Fuck there she was again! Mother can't hide for very long, I'm always hearing her voice, anyways, That's why I adopted Henry. Mary margret noticed my reaction. "Wow Regina! I can't believe you didn't know!" "I can't believe I didn't realize it sooner." I groaned. "Oh Regina It's amazing! You are going to have a baby!" I nodded still in disbelief. By now Neil had fallen back asleep and Mary Margaret and I walked into the kitchen where the others were waiting for us. As I got closer and closer to Emma, I couldn't help wipe that stupid smile off my face. Emma gave me a weird look. "Regina are you smiling?" Emma giggled. I gave her a playful glare before lightly slapping her arm. "Hey! What's gotten into you? I've never seen you like this around anyone but me." Emma said surprised. "I'll tell you later, right now though, I'm starving." I replied. We all sat down at the table and served up the lovely meal onto our plates. The entire time, I couldn't remember a second where I didn't stop smiling and joking around with everyone else. Towards the end of the meal, things got quiet after David mentioned Killian. I was still smiling and thats when Emma realized something was going on. "Geez Regina, what the hell did my mother do to you?" She asked playfully I laughed and looked at Mary Margret. She smiled at me then looked at Emma and smiled at her.