Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Confrontations: Who Needs 'Em, Anyways??

"Wow, Mrs. Allison Danielson, the world's most elusive criminal. This proves the holes in today's law system: all these criminals walk free because of good lawyers!" Allison laughed and punhced Mark in the arm. He cried out and jumped backwards out of the car. "Jeez, take it easy!"  

Allison smiled and then gave him a stern glare. "Don't you forget that I'm a hardened criminal now!! A criminal on the loose, even! So you'd better watch out, because..." Allison glanced at Mark's apartment. "I know where you live." 

Mark gave a high pitched scream and ran inside while Allison laughed and drove away. Ever since she had told everyone that she won her court case, they've all been making fun of her lawyer-family upbringing, of her being "on the run from the law" and, of course, of her stalker, Broderick. Which, to be honest, Allison half expected him to become some psycho stalker. But he had transferred schools and moved. because of one lousy kiss... this guy really took things to the extreme.

Well, at least she wouldn't have to worry about any more crazy people.

Of course, as soon as Allison thought that, she quickly drew in a breath and silenetly cursed herself. How many times had she jinxed herself when she thought her life would finally be normal?! Too many to count. Actually, she realized as she pulled up to her house and saw the car parked in front of it, make that one more.

**

"Go away, Kim." Those were the first words out of Allison's mouth. 

Kim stuck her foot in the door and winced as Allison slammed it. "Please, Allie, just give me a chance to explain."

Allison shook her head and averted her eyes. "Don't call me that."

"Why not! We're best friends!"

Allison sighed, but didn't open the door. "We used to be. Before you tried to kill my child. I don't care how jealous you were, Kim. That was a horrible thing to do." She tried to shut the door again, but Kim put her hand there instead.

"Please! Allison, all I'm asking for is a chance to explain."

Connor appeared beside Allison and she jumped. God, he was quiet when he walked. He was going to give her a heart attack some day! "Hi, Kim!" he said. She took her foot back and stood up straight.

"Hi! I just wanted to-"

"Bye, Kim."

He shut the door and locked it. Allison smiled and wrapped her arms around his waste. They stood in front of the closed door and watched Kim run around the front of the large house to bang on the windows and yell. Allison shut her eyes and buried her face in Connor's sweatshirt.

"What does she want with me? What more can she do?"

Connor shook his head and sighed, watching her bang at the window. "Who knows? I just want to know why it took her almost two months to apologize."

Allison looked up. "You think she's trying to apologize?"

Connor shrugged and glanced down at her. "Maybe. I guess we'll never know, will we?"

Allison bit her lip and watched him walk back to the den. She had a bad feeling that she was about to do something stupid... Yep. She was definitely doing something stupid.

She was unlocking the door. Stop, Allison, stop!!! She was opening the door. Stop it!!! She was watching Kim step inside. STOPPP!!!!

"Thanks," Kim says after an awkward moment of silence. She shut the door and heard Connor jump up from the den. He stood in the doorway and shook his head at Allison. She discretely stuck her tongue out at him and ushered for him to leave. He took the hint and walked back to the room where he kept his piano. Allison rolled her eyes and turned back to Kim.