Chapter 1

Two weeks have past and the police have finally put together a search party. They allowed me to join after I reluctantly would show up telling them if they didn't let me go with them I would go alone and I would make sure that they wouldn't get it. I almost got arrested for that statement but they remembered from the groups interview that I was the only one that was able to maneuver through the mines. They but up an argument for not allowing me but I never once broke, so they gave up and allowed for me to be apart of the search party on one condition. I had to have an escort.

"Young lady, you are still under age and if anything happens it'll be on our head. That's why you must have one of our escorts."

"Fine. But the person better not do any funny business".

I was later that assigned an escort who wasn't exactly a rookie but he was still pretty young, maybe a year older or the same age. He had light milk chocolate hair-a little longer than Josh's- with deep blue eyes and seemed to be just a smidge taller, he was pretty cute but he was a cocky little shit.

"So you're the persistent little girl that kept demanding to be part of the search party" I just looked at him and gave him an 'mhm'. He seemed to smirk at that response and took a seat right next to me.

"You know little girls shouldn't be out in the dark. That's why they assigned me to protect you from the big bad monsters", this time I really looked at him and leaned forward slightly (as I leaned forward I saw his name tag -Thomas-) and I whispered,

"If you've seen what I've seen I know for a fact you would piss your pants" I sat back in the chair. He just laughs while having a stupid grin on his face he then gets up and pats my head. Before I could brush his hand off he walked over to a group of older men. I swear I better find answers quick before I rip that guys head off myself.

We were gearing up for the mountain, we had to have lots of warm clothes cause there was forecasted to have a storm. They knew that it was a bad idea but they knew that I was going whether it rained, snowed, or even tornadoes. I was going to find Josh and bring him back home. Everyone had to have warm jumpsuits, winter boots, a backpack and masks so no one froze their face. Everyone was geared up but I was too excited that my fingers kept shaking when I was trying to clip on the backpack and Thomas came over and gave a smug look and started to help me clip the backpack to my chest. I just looked away and said a quiet thank you,

"Sorry what was that I'm a little deaf" my eye twitched a little and I flipped him off and joined the rest of the group.

"Alright when we get to the mountain I'm going to split you up into three teams. Each group will have three people to them. Any question?" no one said anything and he nodded his head. We get into police cars and we sped towards the mountain.

"So Y/n, Y/n? Correct?"

"Yes"

"Since we are going to together throughout this search party why don't we get to know each other?" I just rolled my eyes but decided to play his game.

"Alright how about this we both get five questions and that's it. So choose wisely" he just nodded in agreement.

"Alright. So, what's your last name?" I looked at his weird, out of all the questions and he asks this?

"Y/L/n. Fine if we are going to start off with names is Thomas your first or last name?"

"Last name and I'll be nice and tell you my first name is Alex. Alright, do you have a boyfriend?" with that I froze I didn't know how to tell him. I'm still Josh's until it's proven that he was.. dead. But for some reason my mind told me not to answer so I just nodded.

"Alright, so since you have a boyfriend what's your fav-"

"Hey it's my turn"

"You took to long"

"Fine, why did you want to become a police officer?", wait why did I want answers from this guy? It's not like I'm interested. I need to focus on finding Josh and less on playing 20 questions, but for some reason I was curious.

"Because you get to wooo the ladies". But when he said that there was something that flickered in his eyes for just a second. Sadness I want to say. I was going to point it out but he instantly asked me another question.

"So why are you actually so persistent to become part of the search party?", I didn't want to tell him my real reason for the reason that they might think my judgement is clouded so I give him a vague answer

"I'm the only one who knows the mines better than anyone". He didn't seem to believe me but dropped it. We didn't play questions anymore and we just sat there in the silence. We soon got to the mountain and everyone started to get out of the cars. The main cop told me that since I knew the way that I should be at the front so they all know where to go. Nodding I stood right next to the cop in charge and Alex stood right behind me watching me. I lead them through to the big iron gates I remembered that it was broken.

"Alright we'll have to boost everyone up and over cause the gates have been broken for a while" I said walking over to the stone wall and getting ready to boost people over. Alex stood on the other side and we boosted all seven of the people over.

"Alright your turn" he comes closer to me and was just inches away from my face. I push him back a little

"I can do it myself thanks" I started to climb over and was sitting on the top and lowered my hand so he could get on top as well. He takes my hand and man for a built guy he wasn't that heavy. We were both sitting on top and when he was secured on the top I jumped down so he wouldn't get too cocky. I joined the group and started for the cable car,

"Alright there is only one car and it can fit about six people in it at a time so we'll have to go in groups of two if we want to get there quick". The cop in charge nodded and split us into our groups so we wouldn't have to when we get there. Group 1: Alice, Steven, Carli; group 2: Derek, Rachel, Olivia; and group three: Y/n, Alex, and Mike! I walked up to the masked man and pulled off his mask and wouldn't you know it was Mike Monroe.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Well I felt bad so I decided to come and I told the cops that I didn't want you to know because we got into an argument during the incident" I threw his mask back and started for the car not wanting to see his face.

"Y/n please just listen I didn't want to leave Josh but I knew that he wanted you safe. Please at least let me help you. Please. I truly am sorry" I stopped and looked at him, he seemed to have regret all over his face.

"Fine. But so help me you do something like that again and I will feed you to the Wendigo's, if there are any left", he nodded in understanding and Alex came up to us.

"You two know each other?"

"Yeah we're friends, actually he was one of the victims when shit started happening here"

"I see. Well if you two are done I would like to get on the car and get this over with" Mike looked at me and I just rolled my eyes.

The cable car comes and group 1 and 2 all go in and start up the mountain while my group waits for the car to come back. Alex stands closer than I would like for him to be and Mike picks up on it and wiggles his way in between us, you know even though I might be mad at Mike-for reasons that I shouldn't be because he was only trying to save me- he was always a good friend to me. I just smiled at Mike and nodded a thank you. Alex looked annoyed and started to watch the monitor in the station. The cable car finally came and we all pilled in, Alex though pushed his way in after I sat down and sat right next to me with his arm on the back of the seat whereas Mike sat on the other side glaring at the cocky asshole. Man I don't need drama right now all I want to do is find Josh and get the hell out of this place once and for all.

Authors note

Alright so I finally started the sequel and I think this one will be better than the last. Again I'm really loving that people are liking the first story and if you'd like leave some comments I always love hearing from you guys. Anyways I don't have anything more to say right now so have a good day/night and I'll see you later.