Chapter 12

Y/n's P.O.V

The chopper got us and made sure that Josh was placed gently on the ground with support. The emergency person was checking his heart beat and was giving his CPR. I tried to get as close as I could but they kept telling me to give them space. I could feel the panic arising in me and I started hyperventilating; Mike saw the panic on my face and tried to calm me down. He took my face and kept telling me to take deep breathe, that everything was going to be okay and that Josh was going to be okay. After he said that everything went black.

I woke up with a start I clutched my chest and took deep breathes to steady my heart beat. After calming down I was able to look around and saw that I was still cooked up in the hospital room, I said I was fine but of course they like to take things out of proportion.

"Hey how are you feeling?" I looked towards the door and seen Mike all bandaged up and in the hospital gown and the rest of the rescue gang.

"A-Okay. But the god damn nurses don't believe me"

"Well I see you still have your fire" Mike laughs and they start sitting around me.

"You know it. So how are all of you?"

"We're good. I had to cut off my leg and give it away to the black market" Derek said making it seem more dramatic than it needed to be. I raised my eyebrow and looked at his leg; It was in a cast and what was once white cement is now tainted with scribbles of people's names and/or sayings.

"I see well did you at least get a good deal for them?"

"Not as much as I was expecting" he fake cried and Olivia just hit him on the arm.

"He's such an idiot. I'm-We're glad that you're okay. You've been asleep for about a day"

"Wow! Just a day? I felt like I slept for years. I feel more energetic than ever" they all laughed but I knew they seemed to be hiding something from me.

"Hey Mike, can I ask you something?"

"Sure what is it?" he smiles at me brightly

"Where's Josh?" I knew I regretted asking that.

"Y/n-Josh-" all of a sudden Alice cut him off. I had a feeling on what they were going to say and I closed my eyes getting ready to hear the news.

"He's been in surgery for about ten minutes now. He was bleeding out really bad and they don't think he's going to make-"

"Alice" everyone said. They all stared at her and she looked downed at her feet embarrassed.

"No thank you Alice for telling me" I looked around the room and made sure to get eye contact with everyone.

"I'm not a child. I can take it. If something happened to Josh I want to know" I looked at Mike and let my eye contact linger

"I know you just want to see me like how I was before but you have to realize everything that happened we all will not be the same. If Josh doesn't make it I want you to know that I'll be upset but I wont off myself because I know he'll want me to keep going. I'm not mad, I'm tired of being mad"

I pushed myself up and something jingled; not like regular jingling with bells more like something bumping each other. I brought up my right hand and saw the bones that used to be the old women's. I slowly stroked the bones and knew that her presence was still lingering because I felt calm and at serenity. I smiled, even though she did stab Josh and may have gotten him killed but she was someone that knew me better than anyone and it was nice.

"Knock, knock" we all turned our attention to the doorway and I felt overjoyed. Chris, Ashley, Matt, Emily, Sam, and Jessica all stood there looking cautious to come in.