Epilogue

(UNEDITED: 1ST DRAFT)

Epilogue

"Mom something wrong with Ayanna, she's in her room crying." Ashton said coming down the stairs looking worried. I looked over at my nine year son who resemble his father in every way image. Chance and I had been married three months after his proposal, then a month after finding out we were expecting our next child, who turn out to be exactly like his father.

"She is just being emotional with finishing school," I reply, knowing that she had worked hard in school to be able to graduate a year early. "I'll go check on her."

Walking up the stairs I could hear her sobs coming from her door and I knew something wasn't right. Ayanna was a strong girl and didn't like her emotion irritate that she felt the need to cry, Knocking on the door, I could hear a faint come in and slipped into her room to see she was face door on her bed with her face buried in the pillow, "What's wrong Ayanna?"

"It's nothing mom," she spoke as I sat down on the edge of her bed moving her long blond hair out of her face as she turn her head to look over at me with tearful eyes. "Mom do you ever regret having me at such a young age?"

Her question threw me for a loop. She knew the truth now about why Chance wasn't around when she was younger and was hurt at first I had lied to her for so long, but soon overlooked it. "Not one moment, you were the best blessing I could ever have at that time."

She then turns to her back and sat up bring her knees to her chest, "Mom, something happened between me and Ryan when we went to prom."

That's when everything drop within me and I knew why she was upset and crying in her room. "Does he know?" I asked, not need to hear what had happened.

"Yes, but he just laughed at me and said I was nothing but a loose girl when it could be anyone's." She started crying once again laying her head into her knees, "He was the only guy I've ever been with though and he knows that."

I rubbed her back up and down trying to calm her down remembering the feeling of being alone and thinking the guy wouldn't care about the child that was growing inside you. "Honey, it's going to be alright. You have your father and me, plus don't forget Ashton. He was worried about you crying in here and came to get me."

Lifting her head, she looked up at me with her bright blue eyes that looked so lost that I felt my heart break, "Mom what am I going to do. You know Dad most likely going to kill Ryan and this could break the partnership he has with Mr. D'amore. I don't want that."

Feeling hopeless for the way my daughter was feeling I kissed her temple, "What is it you want to do Ayanna?"

"Go into hiding with the baby, somewhere Ryan can't find me," She spoke with more strength in her voice now. Wiping the tears from her face and straighten up her back, "If he doesn't want anything to do with the baby, then that's his problem, but I'm not going to give up on it."

Letting out a deep sigh, remembering that was exactly how I had felt when I left my hometown only for it to find me years later, "Ayanna, I don't think going into hiding will be the best solution. You have to think about the other people in your life and that want to be a part of that baby's life, like Ryan's parents."

"I'm wouldn't be keeping the baby from his parents only him." She started getting to her feet. "Dad was talking about needing help at the new island resort, maybe I can go there. It's far away from Ryan, but you all could still come out and see the baby."

"Let's wait till your father gets home and see what he has to say." I reply standing back up myself, "Just don't do anything rash until we can all sit and talk about this." She shook her head before turning to sit at her bay window looking out the front door.