Chapter 17: Girl's Night

Unedited, 2nd draft 

Chapter 17: Girl's Night

As the weeks past Julia slowly started coming back to her old self, joking around and complaining about Carlo's behavior at times. We would work next to one another just enjoying one another's company and you could tell those the loss of her baby was still paining her, but she keeps the picture that Ayanna had drawn showing a baby in the clouds watching over Julia and Carlos who were holding hands as a man dressed as a wizard giving them a seed.

When she asked Ayanna to explain the picture she said it was the Wizard giving them a new magic seed with their baby watching over to them. Julia looked over at me mouthing 'wizard' which just made me laugh. After I explain to her about Chance tell Ayanna that where babies came from she could stop laughing and said that was gold and she would have to remember that.

I never told her though about that night what happened between me and Chance. I know nothing embracing really happen amongst us, but I was still a little scared that I was letting him in more. We weren't to the point that we slept in the same bed every night, but we did every once in a while, mostly when Chance thought he could behave himself. Though she could tell something was different between us now, she smiles when she sees him come in with me and we would be holding hands. She had questioned me a few times, but never really pushed for answers.

One late afternoon we had just finished having dinner at Greg when she looked over at me with a dead look on her face, "We need a girl's night."

"NO!" Was all I heard next coming from all three guys in the room, before I could ask her why she thought we need to go out?

"And why not," she asked, looking over at Carlos and her brother Greg.

"Dear God, please not another girl's night." Was all Greg said, shaking his head looking down at his empty plate?

"Do you not remember what happen during your last girl's night?" Carlos pointed out, looking very formative about not letting us go. "Let me remind you. You both ended up in jail."

"Jail," Chance screamed, looking over at me, "What in the world did you do to end up in jail?"

"Let me tell you man, your girl here isn't all that nice when she drunk. She started some kind of bar fight because some guy grabbed her ass and she broke an empty beer bottle on his head."

Chance let out a small chuckle, "That's not the drunk Milly I remember." Then looked over at me giving me a small wink. "But if your last girl's night end you up in jail then I'm definitely with Carlos on this no Girl's night."

"And what was the first reason why you said no?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest giving him a pointed look. I could hear Julia laughing in the background by the way the guys were acting about us having a girl's night that we hadn't had in the last four years.

"Do I need to remind you what happen the first time we got drunk together, because that reminder is over at Aunt Maria's right now? You mean to the world to me Milly, but I'm not going to help you raise someone drunk night guy's baby, unless it's mine of course.

"Yes of course," I said to him still giving him my most unpleasant face before turning to Julia. "I guess since these guys are so against us having a girl's night, let go have one. We deserve a night out after everything we have been through."

"I said, you couldn't go." Chance stated, sounding a little furious I wasn't following this order on staying home. "I'm not going to have some guy gripping up on my girl, thinking he has a chance of taking her home."

"Then I guess you'll just have to trust me that I'll be coming home to you and not going home still some strange guy." I reply back about the same time Carlos and Julia starting fighting about her going out also.