I don't need help.

Izaya limped around his house, going over to his computer, and opened up the news report.

Two dead.

Two girls were found murdered in the alleyways of Ikebukuro. They seemed to be twins, and were going to school in the city. They had no identification on them, and no one seems to know who they are-

Izaya felt tears well up in his eyes, "Mairu...and...Kunuri..." Izaya's fists tightened into fists and stood up, slamming his bandaged hands into the wall.

"Why...why couldn't it...why couldn't it have been me...they were too young," snarled Izaya. He took out his switchblade and chucked it to the door.

The door opened then, and Shizuo was just able to dodge the knife.

"Shizuo, finally, some fun," grinned Izaya, trying to cocky smile he knew Shizu-chan hated.

But Shizuo had no intention on fighting, so continued walking in calmly, "How you feeling flea?"

Izaya was a bit startled from the lack of reaction, so he continued to taunt, "Shizu-chan, I do say, you've been obviously dull lately."

"Izaya, calm down, you're going to hurt yourself," Shizuo sighed, somewhat annoyed with Izaya's childish behavior, putting his hands in his pockets, and continued to walk towards the flea.

The information broker blinked with surprise and backed away with unease.

Shizuo saw the unease and faltered in his steps, why is he so scared of me?

The broker, trying to regain his hold on the situation snapped, "So are you finally here to finish the job?"

"Why do you want to die so much?" Shizuo snarled, throwing the cig on the ground and grinding it with his heal.

"Oh, now you've dirtied my floor," Izaya sighed, shrugging his shoulders, "But looking at you has dirtied my eyes."

"I – za – ya," Shizuo said slowly and continued to walk forward, "I know you're trying to provoke me. It's not going to work-"

"So you've finally finished your goal in life? Hmmm? To have control over the violence you hate?"

"What are you getting at?"

"You should finish your next goal, and that's to kill me. Is it not?" Izaya said lazily, but in truth he was being unnerved by the sudden calmness of the BWWAB.

"It was- I mean it is- but..." Shizuo stumbled, It really isn't anymore, he thought to himself, I have no intention on killing him...not after all of this, he's paid for his crimes one way or another in these past months. "It's not anymore, Izaya, I really have no reason to kill you."

Izaya's eyes widened tremendously, and he backed away, "Then what's your reason in life then?"

"To help you," Shizuo promised, he grabbed Izaya's arm before the smaller male could evade him, and pulled Izaya to his chest.

"Wha-"

"Shut up, flea," Shizuo muttered, gently patting Izaya's head.

"That hurts..." Izaya said softly, cringing into his coat from the pain.

"I'm sorry!" Shizuo said pulling away, but kept his hand on Izaya's shoulder, "We're going to make it through this, you'll see."

"There is no we, it's me and you," Izaya muttered, looking down at his feet.

Shizuo, seeing he wasn't going to get anywhere with Izaya today, he said softly, "Go lay down, I'll make you something to eat."

"I'm not hungry," the flea growled, "and I don't need help," with that the broker brushed past Shizuo and went into his room.