Chapter 16: Scared

RONNY POV

Xo and I were kissing when suddenly she yelped out in pain. The look of discomfort on her face had me really scared. So now here we were on our way to the hospital. I was driving as fast as I could, weaving in and out of cars. I was probably driving like an asshole right now but I didn't care, all I could care about was Xo and our daughter. 

We soon arrived at the hospital and got her a wheelchair and flew her in the building. I ran us over to the front desk. "I need quick, it's an emergency!" I shouted anxiously. The receptionist just looked up at us. "Okay, name?" She asked. "We're here for Xo Triesta." I answered. "Okay one moment, someone should be out shortly." She said calmly. I ran my fingers through my hair, "Relax baby, relax." Xo tried to soothe me. 

A moment later a woman in bright blue scrubs came over and called our names and she wheeled Xo in. As we got into a room, she had Xo lay down on a bed. "I'm just gonna take your heart rate and take a simple blood test." The nurse said easily. Xo nodded and tried to take . 

The procedure was done a moment later and the doctor soon came in. 

45 Minutes Later....

The doctor had thoroughly poked, prodded, and tested Xo and finally came in to find the results. "So I have good and bad news. The bad news is that you have a low level of amniotic fluid, and basically this means that the fluid in your amniotic fluid is a bit too low. It's pretty rare, but is very manageable. Since we have found the issue, we can now effectively take care of it. Not to worry, your baby will be fine and your pregnancy is okay. We will need to have the remainder of your pregnancy closely monitored. We have contacted your primary caregiver and notified her on everything. I am recommending you see you doctor at the very least every two weeks. You need to take it easier and come in if you feel any pain or other issues. But other than that you are free to go." He said, shaking hands with both of us. 

I was unbelievably relieved, but still worried about their safety. We slowly made our way back to my car, her hand gripped tight on mine. "Well I'm relieved." I told her as I started the car. "So am I." She agreed. She looked at my face, "What's wrong?" Xo asked. "Nothing. I mean I'm glad you and the baby are okay, but I was so scared, I'm still scared. I just don't want anything to happen to you two." I told her. She let go of my hand and gently stroked my cheek with her thumb. "Would you want to maybe spend the night at my apartment tonight?" I asked, 'It would allow me to feel better for tonight." I added. She was quiet for a minute, "I'd like that." Xo replied with a smile.