Chapter 1

Hey there readers of Wattpad. Listen up. I just want to say that this is my first book so don't be to harsh on me please. This is a fan fiction so the fairy tail characters obviously aren't of my creation but are the creations of the genius himself, Hiro Mashima. I hope you enjoy the book, don't be afraid to leave a comment with your opinion or private message me any thoughts of improvement or compliments. Enjoy bookworms.

*

"Hey Lu-chan!" My best friend Levy McGarden shouted from across the guild. Honestly I had forgotten that she was returning today, I had been so focused on the fact it had been a year since I left home that everything else had slipped my mind. I had spent most the morning at the bar drinking milkshake after milkshake and chatting to Mira-Jane about this years upcoming harvest festival. As soon as I heard Levy shout I spun around to face her, she had been gone for a week on a mission with Jet and Droy so I was excited to see her again. "Levy you're back!" I shouted before rushing over to her and engulfing her in a bear hug. She returned my hug with no complaint and giggled as I repeated the line " I missed you" to her over and over again. Vaguely, I heard the rest of the guild laugh at my childlike behaviour but I was too excited about Levy's return to even think about getting mad at any of them.

After finally setting her free I welcomed back Jet and Droy, they both looked tired and about to collapse so I helped them both to the nearest free chairs. In all honesty I was surprised that Droy could stand, he was practically hyperventilating and the fact that he was...heavier than most...didn't work in his favour at all. " Where are Natsu and Happy ?" Levy asked. I looked up at her before answering "They went out on a mission yesterday, they said something about how they were running out of food money which makes no sense since I'm always the one either cooking for them or buying them dinner?" Levy laughed at my obvious irritation.

"How come you didn't go with them?" Jet butts in, confusion filling his face entirely. I glanced over at Levy and we shared a knowing glance . "Oh no reason I just didn't feel like going." I lied swiftly.

Suddenly a loud cheer erupted from our guild mates . As always when a team returned from a mission the whole guild congratulated them and praised their hard work. Even Master Makarov came out of his office to congratulate them. Of course I knew there was some one missing. Levy's eyes scanned the entire guild but to no avail. I snook up behind her and whispered in her ear "He's not here Levy, he said he was going to train in the woods with Pantherlily for a bit. He'll be back later." Levy's shoulders sunk in a depressed a manor, she looked over at me and smiled in gratitude before walking over to Jet and Droy and striking up a conversation.

I could tell she was upset but there was nothing I could do. Levy had told me of her feeling toward Gajeel and I was sure he felt the same way. But lately he had been avoiding her and it hurt me to see Levy in such a depressed state. She loved him, but his constant ignorance was like a knife to the throat and I could do nothing to stop her from hurting. I was once in a similar position. Hurting because of the man I loved, the feeling of a sharpened dagger stabbing at my heart multiplied by a hundred. I didn't want her to feel like I did so I made it my job to support her anyway I could, unfortunately there was something I didn't realise...I didn't know how to love. I lost the ability when my heart was broken. So how on Earthland was I supposed to help her and Gajeel express their love for each other.

I watched as Levy faked smile after smile until I couldn't keep it in, I ran out of the guild hall tears pooling in my eyes threatening to fall. The further I ran the more I wanted to cry. I passed my apartment block but was soon stopped by another body blocking my path. As I collided with the anonymous person I felt myself begin to tumble backwards, knowing there was no way I could stop myself from falling I braced myself for the impact of the damp, concrete floor...but it never came.

The stranger had caught me and pulled me close in order to prevent me from getting hurt. Startled I rushed away from my saviour, dreadfully embarrassed at my lack of caution. I looked up at the stranger and was about to thank them when suddenly the words died in my throat. That face...the one from so long ago...there was no way he was here. I began to slowly retreat backwards but his voice made be freeze. "Hello again my love." It was him. The reason I had to leave my home...the man who betrayed my trust and my love. I took one long look at him then I ran.