Chapter 4

The snow had stopped falling and as the morning sun shone down on the layers of white, the snow turned slowly to water. I changed into a purple skirt, a white tank top, white knee highs and small white heels. I grabbed my purple handbag and put my keys and purse inside it. Last night I had barely slept a wink. I had a nightmare that Tomas kidnapped me in the night. Tomas...that name still made me want to cry. Tomas Greenwood... Natsu was right about the fact the he was my ex. But he was wrong when he suggested that I was still in love with him...and he was definitely wrong when he suggested that I would ever want to go back to him.

I walked slowly towards the guild. I was determined to show everyone I was still the same Lucy they knew. Who knew a single day and a complicated secret could alter a persons view of their friend. "Lushee...?" Looking to my right I saw happy flying in the air, a raw fish in his blue paws. "Happy!" I sighed in delight. I rushed over to him and pulled him into my arms. When I let him go I saw there were tears in his eyes. "Lushee...But Natsu said you were going to leave us..." I held him at arms length and wiped his tears away. I shook my head and softly smiled at him. "Never, I would never do that." Happy's usual smile found its way back onto his face and he flew into the air hooting in joy. I laughed and followed him as he flew to the guild hall. We went inside and Happy's yells were getting louder. He circled the hall and landed on Natsu's head who was currently talking to Gray...I was surprised to see they weren't fighting. I made my way over to them and caught the tail end of their conversation. "...is definitely leaving then?" Gray asked, no enthusiasm in his voice. I saw Natsu nod his head slightly " Yeah, she's going back to that stupid rich guy." both boys looked depressingly upset and neither tried to make a move. Suddenly Happy joined in the conversation. "You're wrong Natsu, Lushee's here, look ,look!" he motioned his paw in my direction and I stood stunned as the boys faced me, shocked looks on there faces.

"Luce?" Natsu asked, I managed to nod my head. Gray's deep laugher filled the hall and he placed one arm around my shoulder. "See flame brain, Lucy loves me too much to ever leave me for some rich punk." Natsu glared at Gray and walked over to us pulling Gray's arm off of me. "Shut it stripper!" he growled menacingly. Gray raised his hands in surrender, a smile playing on his lips, slowly he backed away and made his way towards Juvia who was hiding behind a pillar staring lovingly at her beloved Gray-sama. "Luce...you didn't leave." Natsu stated. I glare at him and a scared look crossed over his face. "Natsu Dragneel, how dare you go spreading stupid rumours that I was going to leave, best friends shouldn't do that." the scared look vanished off of his face and a smile plants its self on both his face and mine. He hugged me tightly and swung me around.

When he put me down he stared at me and refused to let go of my arms. "Luce...what about yesterday...weren't you planning to go back to him?" I stared at him in surprise. I stepped away from him and looked to the ground. "I would never go back to him...not after what he did to me." Natsu looked confused so I explained. " I loved him once...a long time ago...but he broke my heart...and since that day, I haven't been able to love anyone else." Natsu looked speechless. Too embarrassed at my confession to stand around, I decided to take that moment to go and find Levy. I found her sitting at the bar with her copy of 'Romeo and Juliet'. When she looked up the look of relief on her face made me realize how good of a friend she really was being through all the drama that was my life. "Lucy, you seem happier today."

"I'm fine. Yesterday was a bit rough, and I had a talk with Natsu that didn't help. But this morning I spoke to happy and then to Natsu again and I realized I have more reasons to be happy than I do to be sad." Levy squealed and hugged me tight, I laughed and hugged her back. I knew I made a good choice getting out of bed today. "Its good to see you smile Lucy" Pantherlily said as he and Gajeel approached us, levy let go of me and looked down hiding her blush, it happened every time Gajeel was around so I didn't spare a second questioning it. "Thanks Lily." I pulled him into a hug surprising him and making Gajeel and Levy laugh. "Luce, Luce." I heard Natsu shout, he appeared next to me a large smile on his face " I got it Luce, I know how to fix your problem." my eye brows furrowed and I shook my head confused. "Luce, you said you haven't been able to love anyone but that rich idiot right?" I blush and just nod my head avoiding eye contact with anyone "You can love me!"

"WHAT!?" myself, Levy, Pantherlily and Gajeel all screech at Natsu. Natsu just holds his head high and smiles, there is no sign of him joking around like I assumed he was. "Yeah, Luce can love me, don't worry I will teach you to love again." I laughed nervously and placed my hands in front of me. "I don't think that's necessary." Natsu pouted and folded his arms over his chest like a child would when they don't get there way. "But Luce..."

"Lucy won't be loving anyone but me!" a voice said from beside me, it was ...Leo. He moved to stand in front of me. "I love Lucy the most so I get to make her love me." Suddenly a fire fist flew straight at Leo hitting him flat in the face, causing him to go soaring into the wooden table behind us. I looked at him for a minute before turning to Natsu again. His face had darkened and he looked angry, like really, really angry. "Salamander...?" Gajeel asked cautiously. The flame on Natsu's fist dies down and he looks up, still giving Leo, who is trying to stand up, a death glare. "No one..."he starts "...loves Lucy more than me."

I gasped and so did Levy. Pantherlily and Gajeel stood in the background smirking as Leo walked back over to us. "Now, now Natsu that wasn't nice. Any way, I think Lucy likes me better." He said gently grabbing a strand of my hair and moving his face towards me, his lips almost touching my cheek. "Get. Away. From. My. Lucy!" Natsu shouted slamming his fists directly in the same spot as before, using more force and fire than last time. My Lucy...? That's what Natsu had said. I was...his? Natsu looked at me and suddenly pulled me into his arms. "My Lucy...my Luce." Natsu whispered to me making me blush, why was I blushing? I heard Gajeel laugh next to me and I heard Levy making awe sounds. "N-Natsu...what are you...?" at the sound of my voice Natsu instantly froze. He moved away from me and I saw his face go as pink as his salmon hair. He scratched the back of his neck with his hand and a nervous smile sat on his face. "Sorry about that Luce, I don't know what came over me." in an instant, he sprinted off disappearing out the guild doors. Leave me behind, confused to say to very least. What the hell just happened?