Chapter 2

Hey my little bookworms. For those of you who've made it this far with reading my book, you get my eternal gratitude. Seriously, thanks. I mean what's the point in writing a book if no ones going to read it. Please continue to read on and enjoy every second you spend reading. Feel free to comment or private message me any improvements or compliments and thanks so much for reading.

                                                                                                              *

A week had past since I saw him. After that awful encounter I locked myself in my apartment hoping to avoid ever seeing him again. Levy and Erza had come by to check if I was okay a few times and I made up a story about being ill so as not to arouse suspicion. During one of her visits, Erza told me that Natsu had apparently seen Guildarts while finishing his mission so planned on staying a while with him in order to convince him to come back to the guild for the harvest festival. It was a pointless effort though, the only person who could convince Guildarts to do anything was Cana, since he found out he was her dad he had done everything in his power to try and make her "Daddy's little girl" as he so nicely put it.

It was a late Friday afternoon when I was awoke by the sound of a tapping at my door. I pulled myself out of bed and opened the door...but no one was there. Stepping outside I scouted the area with my eyes hoping to find the culprit, unfortunately darkness engulfed the night like a black blanket covering the town. The darkness made it damn near impossible to see a thing. I was about to retreat back inside when my feet came in contact with some thing soft laying on the ground. Looking down I found a bouquet of flowers resting at my feet, sitting neatly next to a pink piece of coloured card. After picking up the flowers and card I went inside and shut the door behind me. Impatiently I threw the flowers onto my desk and began reading the card:

'My dear Lucy,

I am sorry if our encounter the other day startled you somewhat

I assure you that was not my intention.

Taking into account your long absence I sincerely hoped there was a chance you would find it necessary to converse with me on our previous arrangement.

It seems I was wrong so I give you these flowers to express to you my desire for your forgiveness.

However, in my mind I believe it is in your best interest to reconsider your declination of my proposal.

I expect you to change you mind extremely soon and also I assume your childish dreams of true love and soul mates are now absent from your mind so that should no longer be a problem. Expect to hear from me soon.

Yours sincerely,

Tomas Greenwood.'

Silence. It filled the room faster than a speeding bullet. The whole world had gone silent. At least it had to me. I couldn't hear the ticking of the clock or the rattling of the windows. I couldn't hear the howling of the wind or the splashing of the canal water outside. I didn't even hear the crash and bang of a body smashing into a wooden floor. My body smashing into my wooden floor. I blinked...then I blinked again, tears invaded my eyes but I wouldn't let them fall. He wasn't going to be the reason I shed tears any more. So I waited, unmoving, on the hard floor, thinking over every possibility. That stupid man was going to ruin the home I had found. My guild mates were my family and I didn't want to let them go, they meant the world to me. But how can you fight a battle that you could so easily avoid with just two minuscule words "I do.

*

"Luce! Luce !Lucy!" a voice called out. I groaned in annoyance and rolled over to the other side of my bed...wait...bed? Shooting up my head collided with a rock solid, boiling hot skull. Natsu! My head fell into my hands and I moaned in pain. Slowly my eyes adjusted to the light and I saw Natsu mimicking me, his deep sobs of pain seemingly more exaggerated than mine. "By Mavis Luce, why would you do that?" He took his head out of his hands and looked directly at me. His onyx eyes peered into my brown ones as if searching for something. I didn't respond to his question so he continued speaking. "Do you want to tell me why I found you laying on the floor looking about as alive as a ghost?" Avoiding his eyes I stared out the window.

Normally I would have Lucy kicked him for entering my apartment without my permission...but after yesterday I just didn't have the energy. Natsu had started rambling , so I brought my attention back to him. "...floor, I had to pick you up and put you in your bed, why would you sleep...?" I zoned in and out while he went on and on. As time past I began to feel more aware of my surrounding, I guess I had been half asleep when Natsu began talking. Glancing over at him I saw his lips more in a never ending flow but my ears weren't listening. "It was nothing." I croaked, hoping to satisfy him enough to leave the subject alone. He stopped. Worry spilled from his curious eyes and he just stared at me, analysing my every move, his eyes not wavering. Sighing in surrender he shook his head. I noticed that Natsu seemed more serious, his childish demeanour wasn't showing like it usually did. Honestly I didn't like it one bit, it made me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. "Natsu look I..."

"I understand if you don't want to tell me, I guess ice princess was right you really don't trust me." I was speechless. Why would Natsu think I didn't trust him? We were best friends. Then again I was keeping a secret from him and to most people it would look like I didn't think he was trustworthy...but that wasn't the case. I just didn't know how to tell him something like that. The bed creaked as a weight was lifted from it and I watched helplessly as Natsu clambered to the window sill and swiftly left me alone in my apartment. Why didn't I stop him? I could have said something! Any thing! Of course I had to go and be selfish, protecting myself from getting hurt by hurting those around me.

I had to do something! Tell someone...but who? That's when it hit me, there was someone who already knew...Levy, I told her everything. Launching my self up I changed out of my pyjama shorts and vest top and threw on my blue mini skirt, blue and white shirt and knee high black, boots. Quickly I pulled on my belt and gate keys before rushing out of my apartment and running to the guild faster than laxus' lightening. By the time I reached the guild I was extremely out of breath however I felt like if I didn't find Levy soon I'd lose the confidence to talk. I opened the guild doors and searched the ocean of people until my eyes found Levy. She was sitting at the bar with a copy of pride and prejudice slotted in her dainty hands. Her eyes were trained solely on the book in front of her so she didn't notice me as I approached her.

Gently I tapped her on the shoulder waiting for her to turn round, but of course the blunette girl was so entranced by the book that my presence didn't phase her. I cleared my throat but that also had no effect on her . So in a last ditch attempt I snatched the book from her hands and snapped it shut causing a loud bang to echo around the bar. Levy was so startled by my actions that she fell of her stool straight on the floor. Luckily the rest of the guild were too busy watching Cana barrel surf to hear the books noisy close. "Lu-chan?! What in Mavis' name was that for?" I held out my hand and helped Levy to stand. " I'm sorry but you weren't paying attention and I really need to talk to you...He's back." I whispered the last part so not even the dragon slayers in the room could hear me, Levy on the other hand heard my every word and her eyes grew wider than saucepans. Without a word she grabbed my arms and dragged me out the door and under the blossom tree. "Tell me everything!" she demanded in a stern voice. So I did.

I began with what she already knew. About the real reason I left home, then I recounted the events of my unfortunate meeting with him and how he left me some flowers and a card, I showed her the card and she began calling him all sorts of inappropriate names. Then I told her about what happened with Natsu and before I knew what hit me I began to cry. It was all too much for me. Contrary to most peoples beliefs, I hated drama it was pointless and never ended well. The only reason it existed was because people liked the attention they got from it. But I despised it wholeheartedly, all I wanted was to live a quiet peaceful life not having to carry so much weight on my shoulders, was that really too much to ask for?

Levy embraced me and just let me cry because that what I needed. I was so thankful to her, I knew I made a good decision by telling her. My only worry now...was finding the courage to tell Natsu. But honestly...with how afraid I was... I knew I would never have that amount of courage. And that made it all the more frightening.