Chapter 9 (Last chapter)

We spent an hour or two at the park before we headed back to the guild. When we got back Leo had vanished and Levy and Gajeel were sitting together at a table, their hands entwined. Gajeel was blushing and avoiding peoples eyes whereas Levy was blushing with the worlds largest smile stuck to her pale face. I sighed at how cute they were, catching the attention of Natsu who had raced to the bar where happy sat with mountains of food in front of him. I skipped over to Happy and Natsu, not taking my eyes off of the adorable couple sitting close by. "They've been sitting like that for an hour straight." Gray said, appearing out of thin air. I looked over to him and found his shirt was missing...again. "Its cute. I've never seen Gajeel so happy." I smiled and Gray's eyes moved to look over at Gajeel and Levy. He nodded. "Yeah, you're right. He's even happier than the time he found Pantherlily."

"Lucy!"Mira Jane shouted as she ran over to me. "Look, look your the front page of this weeks sorcerer weekly." The white haired girl pushed a magazine in front of my face and sure enough there I was, on the front cover. It was a photo from awhile back. I had gone to visit Yukino at Sabretooth's guild hall and a few photographers had turned up coincidently the same day. We were playing chicken fight in the pool. You know, the game where you sit on someone's shoulders and fight some one sitting on someone else's shoulder; you have to try and knock the other person off. The picture on the cover was of my sitting on Rouge's shoulders with my arms in the air in victory.

We were both smiling and in the background you could vaguely see Sting and Yukino falling into the water. I flipped through the magazine and noticed how most, if not all, of the photo's were of that day at Sabretooth. And I was in a lot of them. Some were of us playing in the pool, some of us sunbathing and a few were of us running around the guild having a water fight. In all of them I was wearing my white and pink flower bikini and my hair was left down. After looking at the pictures, my eyes glanced wearily back up at Mira Jane. She was smirking at me mischievously, I turned my head to look Gray who was staring at the magazine with wide eyes.

Suddenly the magazine was ripped from my hands. My eyes flew in Natsu direction and I saw him holding the magazine tightly to his chest. "Natsu...?" I said. I wasn't quite sure what to say. He looked angry, yet embarrassed at the same time; his whole face was red. Mira Jane cautiously moved closer to him and tried to gently pry the magazine from his hands. Consequently, Natsu jolted backwards and growled at her. Mira Jane shrieked and jumped backwards in shock. This gained the attention of Laxus who was standing fairly close by; he was talking to freed. When he saw Mira jump in fright he marched over and stood behind her. A stern but concerned look upon his face.

"Mira, What's wrong?" Laxus' deep voice demanded as his large arms folded across his chest. He was at least a foot taller then Mira Jane so we saw his head and shoulders peer over Mira effortlessly. Mira spun around with a her usual sweet smile back on her face again. "Oh nothing." she said "Natsu just gave me a little scare, that's all." Laxus' eyes darkened and veins appeared on his forehead. Lightening crackled around his well-built form making those around him cower in fear. "A little scare?" He snarled, his breathing becoming more rapid as each minute passed. Mira nodded somehow unaffected by Laxus' terrifying, angry attitude. "Yeah, a little scare. I was reaching for the magazine and Natsu got a little...possessive...over it." Laxus' head shot side wards to glower at Natsu. The lightening encased itself around his clenched hands, Laxus' anger clearly rising.

"Natsu...give Mira that damn magazine you brat." Laxus reached for the magazine roughly. His fingers barely brushed the paper when in an instant Natsu grabbed a nearby stool and threw it at him, hitting Laxus square in the face. The wooden piece of furniture broke in half and fell on to the floor, leaving Laxus bewildered beyond belief. Natsu clutched the picture book tighter. "No! You can't have it. No one gets to see pictures of Lucy in a bikini but me." Natsu roared loud enough for everyone to hear. I gasped at the jealous tone of his voice. I knew Natsu got possessive easily but this was by far the worst I'd ever seen him. Gray was on the floor laughing and Mira was trying to calm down a very pissed off Laxus.

Carefully I walked closer to Natsu. He looked up at me with an emotion in his eyes that almost resembled fear. My hand moved on its own accord and rested on his forearm. Then my other hand gently grasped the magazine and pulled it away from Natsu. He tried to hold on but I smiled kindly at him and that seemed to convince him to let go. When I had it in my hands I carelessly threw it behind me, letting it land in the bin. "There..." I uttered "Now it's gone." he just nodded at me, the wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I heard Mira Jane 'awww' at us and giggle joyfully. I smiled along with her. Even Laxus cracked a small smile. Gray was just getting off of the floor. He wiped his eyes still chuckling to himself quietly.

"Oi flame brain." Gray grinned troublesomely as he sauntered over to the bar and sat on a stool; one that hadn't been broken in half. "I think there is something your forgetting." Natsu let go of me and had a stare down with Gray, silently challenging him. They both butted heads and pushed their foreheads against each other, trying to look intimidating. "What are you talkin' about, ice princess?" Natsu contented his fists almost set aflame. I shook my head at Gray, hoping he wouldn't 'spill the beans'. Gray grinned wider but before he could say anything some one else intervened. "There ain't just one copy of that paper salamander. Almost everyone in Magnolia reads it."

I saw Natsu visibly stiffen. He went rigid and tense and I loured at Gajeel. "I will tear up every copy of that magazine if it kills me!" Natsu yowled, shortly after that he raced out the guild hall and onto the streets of magnolia. Not a month later master Macarov received a fairly fancy fine for the destruction of public property. And the culprit...Natsu Dragneel. The love of my life.

The end

                                                                                                              *

So that was the last chapter. I hope you enjoyed this book and I would love to hear your views on it. I'm not sure whether to write a sequel or a spin off or even another book altogether, maybe focusing on another couple. Please give me your opinion on what to write next. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you continue to read my stories. AND LOVE NALU FOREVER!!!!