o n e .

a/n:- i just want to thank you for choosing to read Terminal Four, and I'd also like to say that this is the first fanfiction I've ever written. Hope you guys stick with me here even if you get bored in the beginning, because I'd love it if you stay for a couple of chapters before judging this story :3

the story plot basically takes place in an alternative universe (well, what does au stand for?) and zayn's still twenty. his character in this book is a little bit different from the usual fanfics you'll find on wattpad. it is a little cliche, and predictable, but i promise it won't be like every other zayn fanfic out there.

so yeah! first chapters are always very pressurizing. i hope you guys like this story <3

love,

harshita.

~x~

Z A Y N J A W A A D M A L I K

His bright brown eyes flickered to the right.

The clicks of the computer keys, the whirring of the coffee machine, the rings of the cellphones, and the buzz of the people speaking exasperatedly into them were all sounds he was tired of.

He loosened the tie that was bound around his neck, biting his lip wearily as he did. Was all of this what he really wanted? Did he really want all of this money, this job, this company? What did he even want?

Zayn let out a sigh, his hands falling to his lap restlessly. The laptop that sat in front of him was already on the sleep-mode, due to the inactivity. The blank notepads, the untouched pens all stared at him from their position on his table. The little clock that he used as a paper-weight ticked back and forth, reminding him that he didn't have much time.

For a twenty year old, Zayn was doing the completely wrong thing. He should be out there, having the time of his life with his friends and family- not working a high-paying job from eight to five, six days a week, all alone in New York City. Graduating high school at the age of fifteen had been a plus point, but he regretted it now. If only he hadn't been so smart. Oh well.

"Malik," a female voice spoke from beside him, snapping Zayn out of his thoughts. He glanced to his left to see his favorite colleague (a twenty nine year old with cropped dark-brown hair and a smile that could light up the entire city) who was currently leaning over in her chair, holding out a Starbucks container. "Stopped for coffee this morning, and I decided to pick this up for you," she winked, as she pushed the pumpkin spice latte into his hand. "Happy Halloween."

Zayn smiled, with an eye roll as he took the container from her hand. "It's the fourteenth of November, Kris."

"Eh, whatever," Kris grinned, twirling a pen through her fingers. "Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. All of them are pretty much the same because I'm too lazy to decorate my place with stupid decorations. You should see my younger sister; she literally buys out all of Target to decorate her goddamn room."

Zayn just sipped his latte, grinning at Kris and her usual morning chatter. Kris looked at Zayn suddenly, her eyes flashing with interest at something she had just remembered. 

"By the way, Zayn, Marcy told me that Tyler told her that you're already done with those manuscripts Keller gave you yesterday. Is it true?"

"Yep," Zayn responded, setting his drink onto the table, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "I had time last night, so I decided to finish those up."

"Damn," Kris shook her head at him. "You are one pretty crazy twenty year old. Won't be surprised if Keller came over with a promotion anytime soon. I mean, not only about the fact that you're a great worker, but even a blind person could see how much of a crush that lady has on you."