By my side

Hermione's POV
Today's the day. The day I agreed to meet Malfoy in the gardens. I've been pacing up and down my dormitory for half an hour and my brain is working overtime (not that this is unusual...). I don't know why I'm so nervous to meet him. After all, I've hated him for a long time. And yet, his letter seemed so sweet. So charming. I'm just being stupid. It's just a meeting. Not like it's a... date or anything. No. I could never do that to Harry. Images flood my mind of the moment when he met Cho in the hall. My pulse slows.

What if, what if I had a way to make him jealous? So jealous that he'd come grovelling back to me? I could do that. With a bit of help of course. But it would be easy. So easy. And I have just the right person in mind.

Professor McGonagall's POV
'CODE BLACK. I REPEAT CODE BLACK.'
The walkie talkie crackles in my pocket, repeating my message. Potter's really gone and done it this time. I am not going to let all my hard work go to waste. Years of campaigning for a Harmione club, years of holding meetings in the Forbidden Forest with Flitwick. It will not go to waste because of some arrogant little twit's mistake. The Harmione club has to intervene. Big Time. Little Miss Cho Chang is GOING DOWN. DOWN TO THE GROUND. DOWN TO THE GROUND WHERE I CAN SQUASH HER LIKE THE ANNOYING OBNOXIOUS LITTLE BRAT SHE IS. Oh, hello Miss Chang. Oh, you want to know your Transfiguration result? Well, hahaha, you failed. Good luck on getting employed loser. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Oh, ok Minnie. Calm down. She is a student. But Code Black must go on. Everything I have ever worked for is at stake.

Harry's POV
Cho pulls a string of hair out of my eyes and grins. I can't believe how lucky I am to have her. Yeah, we went through a rough patch but I guess I was just being an stuck up sod. Cho's really changed me. And she's so much less confusing then Hermione.  Maybe Cho was the one I was meant to be with all along? I guess your first love never really leaves you.

'Let's race, first one to the Quidditch pitch owes the other a Fizzing Whizbee from Honeydukes.'
Cho takes off giggling and I shake my head smiling. I was never really meant to be with Hermione. It was Cho all along. Besides, Hermione never understood my passion for Quidditch. We were just too different. But I guess I liked her for it.
I've made my decision now. No going back.

Hermione's POV
I shudder looking at myself in the mirror. The Beauxbatons girls heard the gossip about someone coming to meet me and of course decided to 'help' me get ready. There must be enough foundation on my face to paint a canvas. I look terrible. But then again, maybe Malfoy will like it. Maybe that's his type? I sure hope so.

Part of me does feel bad for using Malfoy. I guess, it could hurt him. Even if he hasn't changed. But. But. Harry will never notice me otherwise. I just, I just really like Harry and I know that will never change. I've tried and tried to get over him and I just can't. He's everywhere. He's everything. And I'm just plain old me. Sometimes I wish I was more beautiful instead of being smart. It sounds stupid doesn't it? And yet it can be so true.

I glance down at my watch. It's time. I take a deep breath, wave goodbye and head to the garden. This is it.

Hi again! If you would like your own personalised letter from McGonagall about joining the Harmione club, direct message me and I'll send it through. The t-shirts are still being organised but she assures me that they are coming...

Please vote, comment, follow it really makes my day! But you know *winks* no pressure. No pressure at all... 😝😜

Hope you guys enjoyed!
Daisy x