Chapter 6

Y/n's POV:

"I will take them and bleed them like pigs and rip their soft white skin off! Fucking 16 years! 16 years I waited for little Hannah and Beth." I read with a disgusted voice. Whoever wrote this had serious problems, and thats what made the note so intimidating.

"What is going on?!" Ashley exclaimed angry and scared, which seemed like two really appropriate emotions at this situation

"I-I don't understand?" I looked at Josh confused, but flinched when I met his eyes. There was a storm clouding in his orbs, and I wasn't sure when it was going to break out.

"Why are they doing this? What the fuck do they want?" Josh spoke through gritted teeth, pushing Chris away from him when he was trying to calm him down. 

"You fuckers are trying to mess with me! I'm done with your bullshit!" He snapped before leaving the room in a hurry, slamming the door shut behind him. I cursed under my breath and quickly followed him, only to discover he was nowhere to be found.  Ashley and Chris were quick to follow, but they as well were unaware of where Josh had gone.

"Where did he go?" Ashley questioned as she walked down the stairs, turning the corner to check the living room area. Chris and I followed her, going into separate directions to get a clue of where Josh went. I walked to the kitchen, where a faint voice could be heard, coming from behind the kitchen door. I sighed in relieved as I heard Josh' voice, but as I walked closer, I could hear him calling for help. My eyes widened, and I grabbed the doorknob, trying to pull it open.

"Josh?!" 

"Y/n, help me!" 

I cursed under my breath before calling Chris and Ashley for help, within seconds they ran into the kitchen and began to knock and pound onto the door. 

"Josh!" Chris pulled me back, before slamming his shoulder into the door. He groaned in pain, but felt relieved to see the door budge just a slight bit. After a second try, the door flew open and we all ran inside, looking around for Josh. The room was dark, and I was unable to see where Josh was.

"Y/n! Chris!" Ashley suddenly shouted, Chris' name was muffled for some reason making me turn around. My eyes widened even more as I saw a person putting a cloth over Ashley's mouth. I screamed Ashley's name, and Chris turned back to her as well. A masked man was forcing a cloth against her mouth, her hands grabbing onto his arms and trying to get away from him

Chris ran towards the kitchen and quickly grabbed a knife from the counter. Before he could even act towards the masked intruder, he was knocked out cold with one quick punch. The knife fell onto the ground, along with Chris' body, who crashed onto the ground with a loud thud.

There was a moment of silence. I stood with my mouth agape, staring at Chris and Ashley with tears in my eyes. The masked man turned to me, and my hands shook in adrenaline as he started to approach me. I didn't know how fast I needed to get out of there, so I pushed a chair against the guy's knees before sprinting off.

"Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck!" I ran to the living area, tears streaming down my face and eyes glancing around the room to find myself something to defend myself with. 
"Y/n, you can't run." He spoke, voice sounding robotic, almost as if he had recorded it. I could hear him getting closer. He was carrying something heavy, some kind of container which slowed him down quite a bit, but he was still quick on his feet. His heavy footsteps echoed through the lodge, and while I tried to pinpoint his position, my hand reached out towards a vase, standing on the wooden coffee table. As he turned the corner, I quickly threw it in his direction, but he managed to dodge it.