Prologue

(@EnderShadeMCs as le writer)

"Bored... Bored... Bored..." Adam sighed in exasperation as he waited for his computer to load. How could he, a YouTuber with over eleven million subscribers, be bored!? Alesa had taken Mason for a walk in the park, so he was all alone, with no clue in the world on what to do.

He tried playing Minecraft for a little bit, but he quickly grew restless. He sighed in exasperation, shutting his computer down before letting forehead rest against his desk, letting out a moan of annoyance.

"This is the curse of ADHD then, huh?" He grumbled out loud, sitting up and messing with his curly brown hair. And on top of that, it was Friday the 13th. What was so wrong with that day? Everyone would make a fuss about it, saying, "Hey Adam, don't eat any fortune cookies today!" "Sky, don't go anywhere today!" "Sky! Ignore Deadlox's weird craving of Chinese food!" And so many more ridiculous things like that. Even the guys at the office were joking around with it, saying "Ooh be careful Adam!" Or "Happy Freaky Friday... If you last the day... >:3"

His phone suddenly vibrated, so he pulled it out of his pocket, answering it.

"Yeah?" He mumbled.

"Hey Adam!" It was Jin. "If you look outside, there's a full moon!"

"Great." He replied halfheartedly.

"No seriously, there's even a meteor shower going on in just a few minutes! If you make a wish maybe it'll come true." He sighed, then slowly got up and wandered over to his window, peering through it to see the bright lunar orb in the sky.

"Yeah? Alright I see it-" he stopped when he spotted a bright light twinkling in the far distance, a small thin trail of pure white. "Wow." He commented. "That is kinda cool."

"Yeah, I'd probably wish for more food." He let out a loud laugh at his friend's comment.

"You know what? I wish for something exciting to happen for me, cuz I'm freaking bored!" He joked. They both laughed, and ended up talking for about half an hour before they finally grew drowsy, so they said bye and then hung up. Adam sighed, passing his phone back and forth in his hands before setting it down on his desk and glanced back out the window, catching sight of the horizon of the body of water near his house. Then he sat down on his bed, taking his glasses off and rubbing his eyes exhaustedly. He felt so tired all of a sudden, but he knew he should stay up and at least wait for Alesa to get back home.

He closed his eyes for a moment, suddenly feeling lightheaded. He grunted softly, putting his glasses back on and realizing his vision was blurry. Confused, he tried getting up, but he fell, his legs feeling like they were made of jello.

"What the... Hell?" He mumbled sleepily, finding that he couldn't get up. He tried to move for his phone, but it was too high up. Then he slowly closed his eyes and fell limp on the floor, his consciousness fleeing.

"Hey Adam, have you ever seen the movie Freaky Friday?" He smiled at his fiancé.

"Eh... Yeah, what about it?" He replied. Alesa spun away from the computer on the rollie chair, up to him with a grin on her face.

"First off, hi." She smirked. He laughed and gave her a kiss, then followed her back to the computer. "And second off, I was just checking some scientific discoveries that I found after browsing some beauty stuff-" he gave her a sad face.

"Am I supposed to expect a billion things shipping in by next week?" He questioned. She giggled, not responding.

"-and I found this." She tapped the mouse, and pulled up a tab. "It says that there's actually proof that if you wish on a falling star, there's a possibility of it coming true." Adam scoffed.

"Surely that's just hocus-pocus-e stuff?" He asked. Alesa shrugged.

"I think it's fascinating." She chirped back, twisting back and forth in the chair. "And it can get even weirder on Freaky Friday. One guy claimed that he wished for a hundred dollars, and the next day he found that exact amount just sitting in his backyard." He rolled his eyes.

"All right then, while you continue reading up on "The Impossible"," he did quotes to emphasis the sarcasm. "... And I'll go check on Mason."

And there, was his mistake, not heeding the theory, or just how literal it could be...