Chapter 2

(@Banana_Skylox as le writer)

All of a sudden he retreated his arm back out of the opening, Adam relaxed for a bit before Ty scooted the piece of furniture Adam was hiding under out of the way. Adrenaline sparked inside him as he could do nothing but stare up at his unaware friend as he scooped him up in a suffocating grip, holding him in front of his face, 'recognize me, please!' Adam begged silently.

Ty's eyebrows furrowed, "Wait-you aren't that other little brat! Where did he even go?!?" He demanded. Adam swallowed nervously.

 "...H-H-He...R-ran away..." He managed to stutter out, sighing shakily afterwards.

 "And you let him?!?" Ty murmured menacingly. Adam said nothing, just kept gasping in scattered breaths. Ty growled sharply, looking downwards. Then sighing, he lost the terrifying glimmer in his eyes and it was replaced by pure hunger. "Look...ah...I've never really done this before, I don't even consent to it at all either, but I have to do it eventually, and I think now is the best time." Ty said flicking his tongue across his lips. Before Ty could even come close to bringing Adam to his death, Adam struggled desperately and begged quietly.

"N..No-please! Don't do that! T-Ty!" Ty lost his hesitant look and his face was washed over with surprise.

 "...H-How do you know my name?" He asked, puzzled.

"You...You mean you don't recognize me?" Adam let out sadly, letting all hope sink.

 "Who are you?" Ty asked.

"I-I'm Adam...Your friend...?" He probed.

 "That...doesn't ring a bell...I've never been friends with a borrower before." Adam's brain clicked, 'So that's what I am..' He thought silently.

 "B-But...I was a human less than two weeks ago...everyone was..." Ty tilted his head to the side in confusion

"Hmmm... I'm not a human...I'm a predator..." He said softly. Adam didn't question what that was due to the fact that he thought he could already guess, and continued.

 "I-I had a family, and friends, like you! I had a beautiful fiancé, and a son..." Ty looked at him sadly. "Then I made a stupid wish on a stupid star." Ty's eyes widened.

 "That's why you're here!" Adam nodded a bit. "That means...you are my friend..." Adam stared hopefully at Ty. "I've just never experienced it before...since it was in an alternate universe..." He made direct eye contact with the tiny borrower, "But I can now..." Adam sighed relief and relaxed completely in Ty's rather threatening grip. Ty smiled and spoke again "If there's anything I can do for you I'll do it...friend...?" Adam laughed happily and fought to regain his breath.

 "Well... Your grip is kind of tight..." He panted.

"Sorry!" Ty gasped as he quickly loosened his grip on his new catch, and soon to be close friend. Adam shivered a bit, feeling cold. Ty smiled and hugged him to his chest, feeling him shift a bit adjusting to the new warmth. Ty carried him to his room and set him on the desk, giving him a small blanket to bundle up in as he drifted off to sleep peacefully after such a hectic day.