Chapter 5

(@Banana_Skylox as le writer)

Adam woke up to the sound of the front door opening and being slammed shut, it was late at night, 9:30 PM, and Ty was still asleep. Adam wondered who it could be, if someone were coming over this late at night Ty would've told him, and wouldn't be asleep I could imagine. He decided to walk into the living room to see who it was, careful not to have them notice. He snuck into the hallway and peered into the living room, to see an average male, wearing a black suit with a dark green tie, sunglasses barely revealed a pair of bi-colored eyes, one pale yellow, the other dim hazel. Adam thought he recognized this person, he looked so much like somebody whom he had talked to less than a month ago. Then something clicked. Ty had strangely colored eyes as well, a glowing shade of red-maroon. Adam's heart sunk with realization almost at the same time he saw the unexpected visitor's nose twitch, just like Ty's did, as he sniffed the air.

The only thing stopping Adam from bulleting back to the room to alert Ty was the cold stare he gave Adam as he spotted him. The visitor smirked, revealing the same razor-like fangs that Ty had. Adam couldn't do anything but stare and shake in fear, instincts screaming at him, as he came to a paralyzing conclusion, this visitor was a predator.

The predator swiped him up before he could do anything, "Hahahaha...That was easy!" He laughed devilishly as Adam's heartbeat zoomed to way faster than it should've.

The predator was Bodil.

"I'm suspecting my buddy Ty hasn't caught you yet! Luckily I did, you'd make a filling snack for him!" He growled, heading into Ty's room with Adam trying to scoot out of his grip by pushing upwards against his hand with both arms, little did the predator know, he was slowly progressing on slipping out of his squeezing fist. One more push and Adam dropped to the floor, landing on his feet and darting ahead of the unfamiliar predator, earning a gasp of surprise and irritation. "Hey! Wait!" Adam heard as he jumped onto the bed and darted into Ty's protecting arms, the safest place he knew to go.

He shivered violently, gasping in breaths and stuttering what seemed like nonsense. Ty woke with a jolt, hugging the poor little guy to his chest and asking what was wrong sleepily. Adam muttered out a few more stuttered pleas and cries, causing Ty to try and calm his friend down by stroking him and letting out reassuring purrs. The predator entered the room looking dazed at the situation, Ty's eyes to widened in confusion, staring at this newcomer. Adam started screaming pleas rapidly now, Ty again reassuring him by cupping him against his chest.

 "Martin?" He yawned. "What are you doing here?" Martin decided to explain before he asked.

 "Well, I came over for a surprise visit because I was bored, then I caught that borrower that you're...comforting?" Ty glanced down at his tiny friend, stroking his back and pushing him a bit harder against his chest.

"Why?" Ty asked.

 "Because I wanted to be the first person ever to see you eat a borrower! You do need one in your storage stomach soon." He laughed excitedly, tapping the calendar that hung on Ty's wall. Adam's eyes darted left and right as he thought about it; only nine more days until winter starts. Ty pushed away his anger effortfully, glancing down at Adam to remind Martin that he could hear him clearly, and to be careful with what he said.

 "I make do with a human meal, Martin. We've gone over this." Adam managed to see Martin's smile fall with disappointment.

 "Why are you protecting him anyways?" He asked curiously. Ty looked up at him from his spot on the bed.

 "Why do you think I am?" He murmured. Adam hoped silently that what he just said meant he wasn't about to die. Ty let Martin do the thinking, slowly Martin started to laugh, it progressively got louder. Ty glared at him, and failed to hold back a grin. "You can stay over as long as you want to, as long as you don't scare Adam." Ty told him. Martin looked confused.

"Why should you care so much about being friends with a borrower?" He smiled. "We can scare him to death! It'll be funny Ty! Then after he passes out, you can-" Ty cut him off, fury washed over his expression as Adam vibrated more rapidly.

"PUT YOURSELF IN HIS SHOES!!!" Ty yelled so loud his voice cracked. Bodil looked taken aback by his friend's tone, then seemed moved.

 "I-I've never thought about it that way..." He trailed off in his thick accent. "I'm very sorry, if there's anything I can do to be forgiven-" Ty cut him off by holding out the shivering borrower in his open palm. Adam's eyes widened and he tried to curl a few of Ty's fingers back, so that he would be enclosed in a warm and soft grip, away from harm.

 "Apologize." Ty stated blankly. Adam's eyes darted across Martin's face pleadingly, even after he was pretty sure the Bulgarian wasn't going to force-feed him to his friend or give him a heart attack. Martin stared at Adam with soft eyes.

 "I'm very sorry.." He let out quietly. Adam let out a long, shaky sigh, realizing how exhausted he was from terror. He collapsed in Ty's palm, hearing a faint chuckle and absent conversations as he felt himself drifting off into sleep.