Scamming the Prince: Chapter 6

Third Person POV:

From behind the curtain the woman watched disdainfully as the minister droned on and on. She was more interested on Nicholas, who was seated on the throne. He didn't deserve to be King, he didn't even deserve to be royalty. None of the family did.  

He didn't even care he was being announced King; if he couldn't get over an old man's death how could he run a kingdom? His dark, bottomless eyes was overlapped with grief, it made her want to come out from the curtain and wring his neck. But not now, she'd have to wait.

"Look at him over there, he doesn't even care about what authority he's taking over. Instead, he mopes around some ancient man whose days are numbered." she growled to her loyal servant standing next to her. She turned her head and gave him a knowing smile. His cool green eyes returned the look.

The man was a guard at the castle, but in spite of that role he joined forces with the murderous, cunning snake of a woman and let himself wrap around her disastrous deeds. Both of them had a job at the castle and both of them despised it. Why should they labor around because they're somehow lower than the man outside and the grieving wife crying in her room over her dead husband? They deserved much better than this life.

The woman had no sympathy for the royal family or the kingdom for losing their beloved King James. Of course she showed grief when in public but in private she could honestly couldn't care less about the King dying. She was the one that planned it out, she was the one that spiked the King's drink with a slow-acting poison. His doctor put him on bedrest for his illness and no one bothered looking into it because James was old. Of course, it was she that killed him.

"Well madam," the guard started with a nervous chuckle, "His father was very close with him. And he just died yesterday."  The statement earned an eye roll from the woman.

She turned to face him directly. Her bright gray eyes flashed with rage and annoyance. Surely the man that had helped murder the King wasn't growing soft. If he did she'd have to murder him too, it was only smart. She couldn't risk him leaking out information that wasn't meant to surface. 

"I don't care! The family doesn't deserve to rule." she snapped in a low voice. She was tired of being behind the royal shadow, not to be seen or heard.  She looked around the curtain again and watched in envy as the crown was placed on Nicholas' head. Her crown.

Not the deceased King James, not the mediocre King Nicholas; hers.

"If I may put my input King Nicholas will be searching for a Queen and when they produce an heir, the child will gain the power if you kill Nicholas. You surely don't plan on killing off blood lines your whole life?" the guard pointed out in a low voice.

It was times like these she wanted to kill him for his idiocy. But she couldn't, she needed him for her dirty work.

"You imbecile, I'm planning on taking over the crown! I'll rid of Nicholas and if he gets married I'll simply find a way to put the bride to blame. They'll exile her," she paused, "Or better yet, kill her. Why would they let a child of a murderer rule? And as a award for exposing her the people will give the county to me."

"You honestly think that will work?"

"I'm positive it will, why wouldn't it?"

"Well, what if the people decide to search for a family member with the same blood, or have another noble rule. After all, you aren't of importance to the kingdo--"

"Listen to me well, I will not repeat this to you again. I will do whatever it takes to get that crown. Even if I have to behead people where they stand. Mark my words; I will be ruler!" she darted her head toward the curtain and watched in little interest as Nicholas stood, waved to everyone in the audience, and turned to once again disappear behind the castle walls.

Scamming the Prince (In major edit)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara