Chapter Three~ First Mission?

Anna's P.O.V.

It had been two months since I joined Sabertooth. I had been staying with Rogue, and it turns out we had a lot in common. We became close friends, and for that I was greatful. Then there was Sting. He was a total idiot sometimes, and was very full of himself, but he was funny. I considered him an older brother.

Even though Sting was the guild master, he still went on missions with Rogue. While I was sitting at the guild hall, Rogue and Sting walked over, and sat down. One on both sides of me. I smiled somewhat at the two, relieved that they were there, so I didn't feel as vulnerable when they were around. Rogue smiled, and looked at Sting, who gave a toothy grin. "Heeyyyy Annaaaa?" he asked, causing me to raise a brow. "What is it Sting?" Sting gave a big grin. "Rogue and I were wondering if you'd like to go on your first mission with us!"

Rogue nodded. "It's a 90,000 jewel reward. We could split the reward evenly between the three of us. Would you like to join us?" He gave a hopeful look.

I took a deep breath.

I was terrified...

Beyond terrified...

I hadn't used my powers in six years.

What if I lose control?

What if I hurt one of them?

I thought for a long time, when Rogue placed a hand on my shoulder. "Anna?"

I jolted from my thoughts, and gulped. It couldn't hurt to try... Could it? I nodded, and smiled. "I'll go."

Sting fist-pumped, and whooped. "She agreed!" Rogue chuckled, and Fro giggled. "Fro-Sama thinks so too!!" I laughed lightly. I had changed so much already, just being around these two. They made me smile, and that's how I knew, I was finally changing. Even the other guild members had begun to talk to me. A woman known as Minerva approached the three of us with a smile, and she waved to me. "You're really going on a mission with these two idiots?" Of course she was joking. To me, Minerva may have had a dark past, but she wanted to change, and was trying to do so. I could relate, and that's what made us so close.

I grinned. "Sure am." Minerva kept her smile. "Don't let them get hurt, they can be rash at times.'' I snickered, and I nodded. "Aye, that they can. I'll take care of them Nerva-San." I called her the nickname I gave her, and she laughed a bit. Sting and Rogue were half glaring, half pouting. "We should be the ones taking care of her!" Nerva-San and I both laughed lightly. I looked at her and sighed a bit, and she patted my shoulder before walking off, waving. I waved back, and looked back at the two dragon slayers, while smiling. "So, what's the mission?" I asked, raising a brow. Sting cleared his throat, and grabbed the paper. "It takes place in a village about four hours from here, apparently, monsters have been invading, and wiping out their huts, and destroying the crops and livestock. They're no ordinary monsters however... They have some form of Lacrima infused with them, giving them magic power. So far, the only type of magic noted is destructive winds, fire, and earth. The villagers are too terrified to even get close to the monsters. They attack by night."

After noting this all, I tapped my chin. "When are we going?" I asked. Sting looked at me. "Tonight. We'll be there for three days." Rogue and I both nodded, and Sting smiled. "Meet me at the train station at exactly seven."

Rogue and I nodded again, and I looked at the time. It was four pm now. I glanced at Rogue, and then seeped into the shadows before appearing at the house. I walked up the stairs, and to my room. I then grabbed my bag, and put my clothes in it, and my hairbrush. I had a while before I had to meet with Sting, so I laid on my bed, and slowly fell asleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rogue's P.O.V.

Anna disappeared suddenly, and I sighed. Was she okay?

Sting eyed me, with a small smile. "I'm gonna go get ready. You should too."

I nodded, and walked out of the guild, holding Frosch. I then began to walk home. I had spent the last two months living with Anna. I learned a lot about her. I learned her story. I know that her favorite color is Ice Blue, her interests and passions... She loves singing, and playing the piano, though I hadn't heard her play once. She was pretty shy, and kept to herself unless around a select few people. She was afraid of being alone for too long, and hated the dark at points. She said it reminded her of the shadow she was trapped in. I was glad she was around, she made home a comfortable place, I had someone to talk with. I felt my face heat up as I thought about her.

Frosch seemed to notice as well. "Ne-Ne! Is Rogue-Sama blushing?" I only blushed more when he asked. I shook my head. "No, I just thought of something embarrassing, that's all." Frosch shook his head. I'll admit, the little guy was an airhead, but he was smart when he wanted to be. "Rogue-Sama is lyiiinngg!" I only blushed more. "Fine Fine! Just hush Frosch..." I gulped. Frosch giggled, and nodded. "Fro-Sama thinks so toooo!"

Still blushing, I approached our house, and tried to calm my blush. Once it had died down, I walked into the house, and sat Frosch on the couch. It was quiet... Not even Anna's piano music was playing. "Anna? I'm home!" I called out, and waited a while. When I didn't get an answer, I climbed the stairs, and slowly opened the door to her room. She was there laying on the bed, hugging her pillow, I smiled, and a small blush dusted my cheeks again. She looked cute when she slept. I walked over, and covered her with the blanket, before walking out. I'll protect her, I swear it.