Chapter 11~ I Missed You...

Rogue's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had been wandering all over Crocus for about an hour now, and there was absolutely no sign of Anna. Sting and I had even split up, but there was NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. After a while of wandering around, I spotted Natsu, and Lucy.

Once Natsu spotted me, he ran over with a wide grin. "Hey Rogue! Whatcha doing???" He asked me with a goofy grin.

Forcing a smile, I nodded. "Have you seen Anna by chance? She said she was on a mission, but the mission wasn't registered, so I think it was  trap..."

Natsu then blinked. "I saw Anna about two hours ago... She went that way, like she was going out of the forest. Said something about monster hunting."

"That mission was a FAKE, Natsu." I stated sharply, and glanced down at my feet. "I'm really worried, and I think she might be in trouble, but now I have a bit of a lead.. I can track her now. Thank you Natsu." I stated before darting into the forest.

Anna's scent was barely noticeable, but it was there, and it was definitely there, so I began to follow after the direction it was in. At first it was weak, and then it got stronger. My walk turned into a jog, and soon my jog became a sprint.

Her scent kept growing with every step that I took, but now it was almost as if it was surrounding me, and I couldn't pinpoint it. It was making me very frustrated, and my anger was getting the best of me... If I didn't do something to get Anna back, and soon... I was going to lose my mind.

"... Where the hell did you take her..?" I asked the emptiness of the forest, and closed my eyes before leaning back against a tree. Soon, darkness took over everything around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't remember blacking out... I entered the forest, and heard something snap behind me, and everything went black. Now, somewhere in the boundaries on consciousness, and unconsciousness, my mind drifted into and out of memories, dark memories, new memories... Everything.

Soon, I felt a massive swelling in my head, and then a giant pain. My eyes fluttered open, and I shot up and grabbed my head, and heard a voice give a low chuckle close to me. In alarm, I whirled around and  my eyes widened. "... Zeref..." I murmured, and he smiled a dangerous smile.

He was keeping his distance, and beside him was a small box, that made my eyes narrow. "What the hell is that..?" I asked, keeping my voice low.

"That mission, as you figured out was no more than a fake. I posted it, so I could bring you here. You see Anna, I have a present for you." Zeref stated, and held up the little box.

The crest that was carved on the side of the box seemed so familiar... So I studied it for a moment, and then gasped. The crest was a symbol, one that looked almost like an owl, with the wings raised above its head, and shadows or something creeped from it.

It was... My family crest.

"Where the hell did you get that-" I had started to ask, but was quickly interrupted.

"All those years ago, Anna Lynn, when I killed everyone in your village that day, I walked into your home and took this. I didn't know that your family held power." Zeref stated with a smile so cold that it made my blood freeze as though it was ice.

"Anna, the time has come that I return this precious heirloom to you, don't you agree?" He kept his cold smile as he asked me softly.

"Why the hell... Would you even think of returning this to me now? Now that my curse has finally been lifted, and I am finally recovering... You made me the monster I was... Murdered my family and stole their possessions?! NOW YOU'RE RETURNING MY ONE AND ONLY HEIRLOOM?!?" I couldn't keep my voice from spiking.

Zeref was just staring at me blankly, and his eyes held nothing but malice. I wanted to get closer... To make him suffer as I had, but I know I couldn't get close to him... Not in the slightest. He tossed the box over, and turned around. "Good luck, Anna Lynn, you're going to need it." He muttered, before vanishing in the blink of an eye.

Taking a deep shaky breath, I opened the box. Clamping a hand over my mouth, I tried not to sob, or scream. Inside the box, lay my father's family crest, the same one that had been on the box, but it was a pendant on a black chain necklace.

Tears rolled down my face, and I picked it up, and held it against my heart as if it was the only thing that would keep me breathing, that would keep me alive. The pendant was warm, and it seemed to glow... I kept sobbing, and eventually hit the ground.

I laid there, not caring. I didn't want to care anymore. Death didn't matter... It could take me at any moment, and I wouldn't care... I didn't care. I wanted death, and welcomed it... I wished that I could've died all those years ago, with my parents, and with the villagers...

I don't know how much time passed, but I know that I didn't move... I don't know if I had stopped crying, or if the sun had risen...

Soon, I heard a voice... A warm gentle voice, that seemed to envelope around me. It seemed to pull me back from the cold dark place that kept trying to pull me back...

When I opened my eyes, he was there, holding me. My mouth shaped his name, but no words came. Finally, after gathering myself, I murmured his name. "...Rogue..."

"Anna..." He breathed as though he might shatter. "I was worried... I missed you."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry about that late update guys!!! I got swept up in prom and schoolwork, and bleh. Enjoy!!!