Chapter 26- Relapse

Alice's POV

Life has been an odd trip for my brother and myself.
Ups and downs always come and go.
Mitch and I where born May 4th 1991 to our parents Michaelis and Anastasia DiRossi. Michaelis was a well respected member of Elysia, being the youngest in the Council of Elders. But only a few people knew that his mortal bride was giving birth to twins. And those twins where meant to be Pravus all along. After being born, Anastasia the mother of the twins became a vampire in secret. Just for the safety of the new family.

To Elysia it was unknown of the kids for a few years. That gave the two twins time to develop their half human- half vampire senses. They went to school and afternoons where spent with Michaelis and Anastasia learning new things about Elysia and training.

The parents watched with pride as their twins grew up healthy and very smart for their kind. The girl above all was well aware of what she was. Both twins made it easily through elementary and middle school. But starting High School at Bathory High was hard for them.

The parents Michaelis and Anastasia had learned that there where vampires living in Bathory and that one of them was Michaelis' old friend Otis Otis. So they moved from Stokerton to the small town of Bathory. The twins, now 14 year olds where intrigued by the new town and learning that there might be vampires. After all their parents never hid the truth from them, instead they even explained the questions that they asked everyday.

But high school turned out to be harder than they thought, but only in the social part and where to fit in. But it only got harder when one of the twins was assigned to lookout for Otis' nephew. The famous Vladimir Tod, who's parents where believed  be dead at the time of him entering his freshman year. Just like the twins Vladimir was a misfit, he could not find somewhere to fit. But with his friend Henry at his side it eased his life a bit. Sadly for the DiRossi twins it was harder to make friends, they hanged out with the local goths, even if they weren't goths themselves but emos.

The job of looking after Vlad was indeed hard since the twin assigned to do the job was told to avoid at all costs any interactions with the boy. And it was kept that way. Even if she found herself falling for him everyday. With D'ablo on the hunt for Vlad and the Vampire Hunter sent to get Vlad her job grew harder. At only 15 she had so much experience that she was top ranked as a vampire along with her brother.

They also made themselves a name as the DiRossi twins who where hard to defeat. This made their parents more than happy. Plus the family had so much money that after all the family was to envy at all costs.

A famous Vampire know by James Galerkin became interested in one of the twins. Wanting to see the truth of the Pravus Twins and wanting a Pravus for himself was a deep desire all along. Being in his 20's and a convict of Elysia his main goal was to seduce the girl and disappear off the face of the earth with the girl. But he wasn't in love with the girl, James wanted to procreate and be the father of kids that had the same power as the mother. After that he would kill the girl and take her Pravus powers.

The girl was attractive but she had struggles on her own. Especially when she was crushing on the boy she was protecting. All James needed was for Vladimir Tod to break her heart. And he did. Alice was always at The Crypt so when Vlad and Snow became a couple, Alice withered and lost hope. But she still needed to guard him.

She sat outside The Crypt while Vlad and Snow kissed inside the club. A common hangout for goths and emo style people, it was busy after school. People walked inside. Alice looked up at the sky but instead of the sky she found herself staring at the good looking boy that was standing in front of her.

"Hey, I'm James. I'm new and I wanted to know if you could show me around?" He asked Alice. She blushed then backed away from the wall and walked in with James. Maybe after all she could have someone.