Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

1. The Betrayal

Everyone has that one person that knows them better than anyone else.

That one person that brought you ice cream and pizza when they knew you were having a tough day. That one person that just held you and told you to let it all out because you had heard your parents arguing loudly the night before. Or that one person that suffered through The Notebook with you despite them finding it too cheesy and lovey-dovey.

For me, that person was my best friend. Frank Taylor Blackstone.

He lived three blocks down from our house and the first time I met him, he had saved a cat from the huge pine tree behind the Dixon's house next door.

He had been nine at the time.

He was the one guy that I had come to depend on other than my dad.

Admittedly, I admired him. He was the type of boy that didn't care what the world thought of him. He was always going his own way, doing his own things and not minding what people said about him or the huge glasses he wore all the time because of his poor eyesight.

Even now being a sophomore, Frank still went around wearing his Star Wars oversized shirt with the baggiest jeans ever made in the entirety of mankind's existence.

Many of our classmates made fun of him, poking at his fashion sense, even his unruly mane of a hair.

I admired him all the more when he bowed to the students making fun of him and said, "Always here for your source of laughter. All day. Every day."

I couldn't do that. I cared about what people thought of me. I didn't like to be judged critically. I wanted everyone to like me. Undeniably, it was my one of my many weak qualities.

Honestly, I liked Frank.

When most girls went after the guy that resembled Zac Efron in High School Musical 2, I preferred Frank.

Maybe it was a given; after all, he had seen my face without makeup and didn't laugh at it or judge. Or maybe it was the fact that he was always there for me when I needed him.

Remembering our fondest of memories, I regretted what I had to do tonight. The memories of my confrontation after my audition at school today lingered in my thoughts.

"You have to do it, Liz." Samantha Brown smiled as she looked at me from the stairs above.

"Losers need to be shown their place on the food chain," her trusty lieutenant, Jessica Peters, added as she smiled innocently at me. "They can't and will not be friends with a cheerleader. If you want to be one of us," she paused as she pointed at all of them, "you can't hang out with 'him'," she added, spitting out the word 'him' like it was sour in her mouth.

They were talking about Frank.

"For my initiation," I said, finally finding my voice. "You want me to stop hanging out with Frank?" I asked.

Why Frank? How could I stop hanging out with Frank?

"Yes," Samantha replied in a bored voice as she admired her perfectly manicured nails.

"What do you even have to lose anyway?" Jessica asked. "He's not even a looker with those big specs and weird fashion sense."

He's the guy that has always been there for me, I wanted to yell at her but I was too scared to voice my opinions. Opinions that need to be voiced.