Chapter One - Discover

Dedicated to RavenBird1 -

This is my very first book, and this player has helped me tons on writing it. This first chapter is for all her hard work with me.

*picture for cover from DeviantArt

"Karah, time for breakfast! You don't want to be late on the first day of school!", my mom says. She doesn't want me to be late, not that being 10 minutes early to school every morning actually helps me make a good impression.

"Alright! Give me a minute to actually get up!" It is Monday, and also the first day of school. Can't my mom give me a break? She doesn't get up at 5:30 in the morning just to go to the worst junior high in the city. Even my mom knew it, Carolaso Learning Center was totally 1 star.

About 3 minutes later, I get up to the smell of bacon, eggs, pancakes and waffles. I can't believe it. I havn't seen any type of meat or egg in years. I immediately know something is up. "Mom, I don't know what you want from me, but in the year of 3094 NO ONE has eggs, much less meat. Spill it." I know I am going a bit rough on her, but the last pig died in 2579, just as Mademoiselle Karintotah had predicted. How has my mom possibly gotten bacon? My mom gives me a look, and then when I give her a look back, just as I told her to, she spilled it.

"Karah, you've heard of the Test before, right? When you are of a certain age, you take a test to tell you your career. Karah, the high council, specifically Mademoiselle Karintotah II, have deemed you ready. Your first test was to see if you had intellect; many young adults will not recognise that bacon is made out of pig. Eat up, then you will see what is next."