Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Hermione's POV

"You know what?" Ginny asks. I look at her. "I'm going to set you up on a blind date. Help you get over my brother."

I nod. I mean, how bad could it be? It's not like the date will be with someone from school that I hate.

"Sure Gin. When?" I reply, actually excited.

"I'll see today. Shoot for tomorrow night. Fancy. I'll owl you later about it, 'kay?"

"Sure, I gotta go, Harry is with Oliver and I didn't even ask him. Bye Gin, thanks!" I POP -ed out of the room into my kitchen. Harry was reading the newspaper with coffee on the table. Harry was just staring at the front page. "Hi Harry."

Harry doesn't look up, his green eyes unblinking.

"Harry?" I ask, now getting worried. Harry looks like he snapped out of it after hearing the panic in my voice.

"Nothing is wrong," Harry says, folding the newspaper so I can't see the front page. That's weird.

"What were you staring at?"

"Nothing. I have to go, I'll be here bright and early in the morning."

Harry POP -ed out and I drink his undrunk coffee. It was cold so after the first sip I put the cup in the sink.

Just as I'm heading up the stairs to go to sleep, Lydia comes in.

"I'm sorry Hermione!" She cries, and bursts into fake sobs. Fake, fake, fake. She doesn't care about me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Ron, you," she manages to say through her sobs.

"What are you talking about?"

"The newspaper. I though you knew," she stops sobbing completely.

"No, no I don't know," I say as she hands me the newspaper.

All the air in me flies out. I...can't...believe this.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Author's Note:

What was on the newspaper?! I got some ideas for this story from an amazing story I recitly read.

Sorry it was short and not that good, it was mostly a filter chapter, I had to get from one point to the next.

I Hope You Enjoyed!!,

Maddie