XXV - A New Civilization

Mirov and his crew were in the terrestrial past, in the region that corresponds to the current African continent. He began to put into practice the second phase of the operation, with the implantation of the extraterrestrial embryos. The scouting ships descended to Earth, carrying the genetic material. Mirov, Radof, Kirubi, and Croiff teleported to the solid ground and eagerly awaited the arrival of the future inhabitants of Earth.

The engineers carefully prepared the delicate genetic material for implantation in the terrestrial environment. Hundreds of incubators were used to promote embryo growth at the appropriate temperature and environment. After hours of work, all the embryos were positioned in several caves. It was time to select a group to stay there, taking care of them.

Among the elders of the mission, four crew members were selected to care for the new inhabitants of the planet and protect them until adulthood. One was an experienced doctor, and the other, a military officer. The other two were a couple who would look after the children and monitor their growth and development.

Mirov gave direct orders to the designated crew members to take care of the new beings that would grow in the planet. The extraterrestrials could live for many years, due to the advances achieved with genetics therapy, techniques of rejuvenation, not only in the aesthetic appearance, but in the whole body system. This way, they could accompany their children for several generations, accompanying the development of the Terran population.

"Dr. Yulla, you'll be the head of the group and will take care of the health of the implanted embryos. They should reach adulthood and reproduce themselves, thus perpetuating our species. Use the equipment we're leaving on the scout ships for exams and treatment.

"You may be unconcerned, sir, because we'll carry out this mission with all the knowledge we have acquired," said the doctor.

"Sergeant Ushipa, you'll be responsible for the military protection of the group and the survival of the children who'll grow on this land. They will evolve by their own means without our technology. I'll return in a distant future to teach them our education. I'll leave our best weapons for you to protect them. You'll have a scout ship for reconnaissance missions. If those giant reptiles that we used to extinguish humans appear, destroy them. Nothing should prevent the development of our race. From now on the planet Earth is totally ours."

"Yes, sir. I'll carry out my mission with my own life," said the soldier.

As for the couple who would care for the new inhabitants, Mirov ordered them to take care only and exclusively of the physical and psychic welfare of the beings implanted on the planet, as if they were their own children, as the lionesses defend their offspring. They couldn't have their own descendants; they should supervise and care for the new beings.

It was time to return to Earth's future and prove the success of that mission. Mirov needed to reap the fruits of those seeds and reign over the new inhabitants of the planet. In the future, he also needed to set a trap for when he had to face his worst enemy.

The group that stayed on Earth looked at the big battlecruiser Genesis taking off towards the cosmos. They knew they could never see their similar again. All that remained was for them to watch over the embryos as mothers take care of their offspring.

And so, the time passed and the designated people began to realize how different they were. At first, they thought it was some genetic mutation caused by manipulation, but then they observed that the beings developed differently from the inhabitants of the planet Life. Their bodies were full of fur, with elongated arms, strong jaws, and small skulls.

"Dr. Yulla, definitely, these embryos aren't from our planet. What could have happened? And how are we going to warn Mirov?"

She watched the growing babies and said, with emphasis: