2. Social Media

"Who the hell is Caspar Lee, and why the hell did he call me hot?"

Zoe looked up from her laptop and at her younger brother who was standing at her bedroom door, looking flustered. She blinked and sat up a little, smiling. "Oh, Caspar? He's one of Alfie's friends. He's cool. He's also the kid you called a wanker."

Joe scoffed and crossed his arms, his face turned up into a scowl. "He was some weird dude in the woods and I was mad. Maybe he shouldn't approach strangers."

Zoe snorted. "I dunno. I think he approached you for a reason." She reached over onto her dresser and unlocked it, before motioning Joe to come over so he could read what was on her phone. "You should read this."

Joe raised one eyebrow and took the phone, glancing at the conversation.

Caspar: this dude in duck pajamas is walking through the backyard woods

Caspar: thought I should give u a heads up

Zoe: Joe? Oh yeah he's mad.

Caspar: you know that dude?

Zoe: ...he's my little brother

Caspar: holy shit ur brother is hot

Zoe: :| don't cross that line, lee

Caspar: I'm just saying he's hot

Zoe: mhm

Caspar: what's with the fuck pajamas

Caspar: duck*

Zoe: long story

Caspar: he's pretty feisty

Caspar: I like that

Caspar: he must be good in bed

Zoe: DUDE

Caspar: can I get his number?

Zoe: ....

Caspar: ....

Caspar: what did I do something wrong ?

Joe tossed Zoe's phone back to her, feeling as if his whole entire face was about to explode. Joe's never been called hot, or nice looking by pretty much anyone at school before, so he didn't really know how to react. He didn't even know Caspar, so why should he say thank you? For all Joe knows, Caspar could actually be living in the woods.

"I think he fancies you," Zoe said, a small smirk on her cheek. "I mean you've never dated in 17 years; maybe you and him should hook up."

"No, Zoe! What the hell?"