Chapter Two - Stakeout

"Okay- what happened?" Daphne asks, unstartled.

"Someone called me- last night after our deal." He starts.

"From a burner phone?"

"No."

"Who was it, then?" Daphne says, confused.

"Don't know, and i'm positive you don't have a clue either." He sounds annoyed.

"So why are you.. calling me?"

"You got noticed."

"Come on there's no way-"

"Ryan- the man who called me is going to kill us, if we don't bring him both of our cuts."

"What? No way I'm going t-.... Wait- How did I get noticed?"

"The guy- He watched your heist... you brought your dog, right?"

"Why would I do that?"

"He was hurt and you didn't want to leave him home. Simple."

Daphne swallows, glancing at the scar on Aldens neck.

"Well he saw him at heist, and he saw him at your apartment... and found you." He pauses. "You messed up." He mumbles.

"Well what matters is that he wont hesitate to murder for money." She says.

"Well somehow with your little mistake.. he traced it to me. Now we're both going to pay."

"We're not in this together, if thats what you're saying."

He scoffs. "He wants us to meet at Tompkins square park, tomorrow at noon."

"....Right." She says.

He hangs up.

-------------

"We just got an anonymous call about an hour ago." Peter says walking up to Neal, holding a file.

"About?" Neal replies, standing up from his desk to meet him.

"A deal going on tomorrow at Tompkins Square Park at noon- between a Politician and a criminal."

Neal looks interested. "Sounds like the perfect blue collar show." He sits on his desk.

"Yeah, i know but- we're going to have to uh- do a stakeout. Just you and me."

"What..." Neal groans.

"No complaining- you'd rather be there then prison."

He scoffs."Right," he mumbles.

"We're leaving Diana and Clinton here to watch the place. This could be real- or it could just be a distraction."

"For another heist." Neal says.

"Right." Peter nods.

"If we can't even trust it, why are we doing this?" Neal asks, knowing the answer.

"I have a good feeling about this one." He pauses, and sighs. "Don't make plans."

"You got it, coach." Neal says, slightly smiling.

Peter nods, then turns to walk away when Neal says, "Wait- who's the politician?"

"Robert Bailey." Peter says, turning back around. He straightens the papers in the file.

Neal hops off the desk, eyes widening. "Robert Bailey?" He repeats louder, full of interest. "Wow- and he was just starting to move up in the world."

"Would you've voted for him?"

"No way- his whole life is a cover. I can see right through him."

"Hm. Good to know you're educated on politics."