6. I Am Too Young to be a Grandma!

It amazed me how good Brendon was at being himself. When you tell someone something as personal as what he had just told me, it's hard to go back to normal. But he was so comfortable around me, and I liked it that way. It made me feel like a good friend you could say.

"That looks so cool," I gawked, throwing the last pizza bite in my mouth.

"More like delicious," he licked his lips in pleasure.

"Bleh!" I shouted, almost gagging.

"So were going to mix potato chips and slices of donuts and put it in our cake,"

"Ew!" Brendon shouts.

"That sounds disgusting," I cringe, shaking my head.

Who would ever put salty, crunchy chips in a sweet, soft cake? That chick is going home.

We were watching the first episode of Cake Wars, and the theme was based off The Simpsons, and they had to use a famous ingredient from the show in their cake, and the girl chose chips and donuts! Gross!

The first cakes sounded delicious, but that just grossed me out.

"You're such a pig," Brendon rolled his eyes at me. I giggled and burped, since I knew he was referring to the fact all of the pizza bites were gone... Oops!

Honestly, I didn't care that I wasn't lady-like around Brendon. Who am I trying to impress? Besides, he didn't even care. Why bother?

The bell rang. That was weird... Nobody rings the doorbell. Talon and Ri know where the spare key is, and it's completely okay for Mom to barge in. So who is it?

"I'll go get it," I told Brendon, who was in the middle of getting up from the couch.

When I opened the door, there was a man. He had dark red, buzzed hair. He had faded freckles on his cheeks. His eyes were a vibrant blue, popping out from his pale face. He was tall, but he wasn't scrawny. He had some build on him, you could say. He was in a black suit, and was holding a bouquet of daisies.

Daisies are Mom's favorite.

"You must be..." I trailed, realizing I didn't remember his name. Mom had told me wonders about him, and like the young souls we were, we called him by a code name so we could talk about him in public.

Don't call him 13, Lily! That's not his name my conscious told me as I was about to say it aloud.

"Charles, but you can call me Charlie. You're Lileona, right?" He held out a hand for me to shake.

Only people I knew very well ever called me by my whole name. Being the snarky girl I was, I wanted to roll my eyes and groan for him to call me Lily, since every person who meets me at first calls me that for a while. But, it dawned on me that this was Mom's boyfriend, and I had to be on my best behavior.

"Yes," I took his hand, and smiled my best smile.

"Lilypad, who is it?" Brendon yelled from the living room.

"Am I interrupting something?" Charlie looked flustered. "If so, I can wait out here─"

"It's fine," I gestured for him to come inside.

He sat down in the love seat, while Brendon and I sat a good distance away from each other on the big couch.

"Brendon, this is Charlie. Charlie, this is Brendon. Charlie is my mom's boyfriend, and─"

"I'm her boyfriend," Brendon cuts me off. I look at him with a killer sensation in my eyes.

"Oh, Elane didn't tell me you had a boyfriend." Charlie said in a surprised tone. His red eyebrows shot up too, and that's probably because I've been alone in this house with Brendon, who is claiming to be my boyfriend. But mine only furrowed since it took me a second to realize that he called my mom by her first name.