29. Your Boyfriend is a Thief!

I'm staring at the three men in front of me, realizing at one point I had a crush on all of them. But only one of them did I really care about right now.

We've got Trevor standing innocently, Talon fuming with anger and Brendon holding back Talon from doing any damage. Yes, I had a crush on Talon, in like seventh grade. We've moved past it.

"Why the hell would you do that to her?!" Talon yells. "You're sick!"

I stood up quickly, inserting my body between them. Brendon tried to push me away from the middle without letting go of Talon.

"You know what happened the last time you got between a fight." I recall the punch to the face from Simone.

I didn't answer him, I just yanked Talon by the arm and pulled him away from Trevor. I was furious. I was so mad, even my anger was angry, if that makes sense. I was frustrated to the point where I had nothing to say, and it was better I keep my mouth shut.

"If you really want to respect me, then you'll stay away from him and not cause a scene. This is embarrassing, you dumb ass! Leave it alone." I growled through clenched teeth, letting go of his arm.

Talon looked at me apologetically, but his puppy eyes wouldn't work on me. I was frustrated with a lot of people right now, not just him. I needed to have my time alone.

"Lily, I'm sorry it's just I'd react that way with everyone. I'm doing what your boyfriend didn't."

"Don't you dare tell me what my boyfriend should do. He didn't do what you just did because he respects me and my wishes, he did me better than you did. I didn't want drama."

"He deserves it." He tells me childishly, looking for excuses.

"Yeah, he sure does. But you will not be the one to give him what he deserves. Just because he hurt me, doesn't mean you get to hurt him. You're making yourself look like a fool, and me too. It looked like I put you up to it. Now everyone will be questioning it, and I'm not going to have anything to say because there's no way in hell I'm making this public."

He slumps in defeat. "I'm sorry..." I can hear the lies dripping from his voice. He isn't sympathetic in the slightest, he just wants to make it up to me.

"Leave me alone." I turn around and head out of the cafeteria, looking for a place to hide for the while.

He let's me go, and I'm grateful. I didn't want to be around him or anyone actually. Brendon would definitely make me feel better, but I knew that I needed time.

I was mostly mad at Maria for telling. I didn't tell Talon, and when Talon swung a fist at Trevor's face, thank the lucky stars that Brendon caught it just in time before it hit Trevor's face. And that's how I started figuring it out.

Maria must have told him. I really couldn't trust her all that well, could I? I mean she did tell my crush that I liked him. That ended in a positive result, but this did not. My point is proven.

The day goes by fast, and I'm already in my car ready to head home. Brendon hopped in the passenger seat before I could drive off, and he tried to talk to me but I was silent.

I drove to his house, parking at the sidewalk. He looks at me confused.

"You didn't tell me we were going to my house." He says with his eyebrows furrowed.

"We're not. I'm dropping you off." I tell him flatly.

"Why?"

"I just need to be alone."

"Is this about Talon?"

"Of course it is. Now, I have places to be." I didn't realize how mean those words were until they left my mouth. That's definitely not something I should be saying to someone I love. "I'm sorry."