prologue

in which pete, an abused man, meets patrick, who just wants pete to let him love him.

--

The day my life changed, the day I left him, happened about six and a half years ago. Somewhere in that boat.

Around the age of seventeen, I got into a relationship with a man that only wanted to hurt me. I stayed with him for four years and let him abuse me damn near every day.

He'd have a bad day every day and blame it on me. He hit me, kicked me, broke my ribs, left unexplainable bruises everywhere.

I gathered up the courage to finally tell someone, my best friend. Andy. He told the cops, and they escorted Nathan away. Nathan promised he would get his revenge when he got out.

I was admitted into the hospital so they could fix my broken nose, wrap my broken ribs, and put a cast on my broken thumb. That was the day I met the new him.

His name was Patrick, and I, of course, was very afraid of him. Patrick was my volunteer when I was taken to the domestic abuse shelter.

Why they would put a man with me, is actually beyond my thoughts. He scared me, but he was so nice. But so was Nathan in the beginning.

I was closed off with him, but he never gave up on me. Whenever he tried to touch me, I'd huddle in fear, and his eyes would go wide as he sputtered out an apology.

That was one thing Nathan never did. Apologise. I'm surprised that word was even in my vocabulary anymore.

Patrick would be good for me, I just didn't know it yet. And, boy, do I wish I would've let him love me a whole lot sooner?

okay so yeah this is going to be a long book, I can tell. pete's going to have to do some warming up to patrick before anything happens ever. but I love this idea & I hope I can write it for you guys.