Aiden

Aiden's P.O.V

I was waiting on the street corner for my buyer to appear. Even though I had done this a hundred times before, something wasn't right. When I got the text asking for the product I never felt right about it. His words were dodgy and croaky voice was un-settling. But I couldn't refuse. Turning him away would be losing out on a good sum of money, no way in hell would I let that happen. Money was a craving and a luxury for me. The luxury, because I didn't have a lot of it. The craving, because I always wanted more and I knew I could easily get it.

Echoing footsteps from my right dragged me away from my thoughts. It couldn't be no one other than him. Unless someone was having a 2am stroll, in the freezing cold. They would be crazy in this weather to go out by choice. The footsteps got closer and closer, until I no longer heard them. Instead I saw a pair of tatted old boots parallel to mine. I looked up to see a man stood there. He was medium build, around 5'11 and seemed as if he was in his late 30's. What made my suspicion grown, was the huge scar down his left cheek.

Stay on guard, I thought.

"Are you Aiden?" He asked.

I never told him my real name...

"Who's asking?" I replied, now cautious.

"The same guy who asked you to meet him here." He responded, with the same raspy voice I recognized from the phone call.

"I may be him." I smirked, trying to make my un-easy feeling not obvious.

"Well you got my shit?" He asked and peered behind me. I followed his gaze and saw nothing there. Just stores that have closed for the night and a road that went as far as my eyes could see.

My suspicion was increasing each time he spoke or fidgeted. There was no doubt in my head he was up to something.

"You got my money?"

"Yeah, but I prefer not to pay for my drugs." He croaked with an evil smile. Then raised his fist and swung at me. I ducked just in time and hit him in his stomach, winding him. He doubled-over in pain, which I took as my chance to get this done with. So I proceeded to hit him in his temple, knocking him clean out.

"Fucking knew it!" I stated whilst I towered above his unconscious body. Then lent down and reached into his pocket. I pulled out the money I felt and started to count it.

"Four hundred dollars!" I exclaimed. "Fucking tried under-price me, douchebag!" I finished as I gave him a forceful kick.

I walked away from the injured body before the cops done their nightly patrol. I picked up the pace and ran down the alley way as I saw flashing lights. My pace kept speeding up as they still seemed to be chasing me. It was like I couldn't escape them. They were around each corner left, right and center. So instead of wasting more energy by running, I decided to stand still and wait for them to catch me.

One car zoomed round the corner and the lights got brighter. I noticed there were no other cars here or coming, it was pretty weird. It was like the two in the car knew they didn't need backup, or felt certain I wasn't going to run again.

The two officers departed from the car and their silhouettes were approaching me. I was blinded by blue lights and couldn't figure out who they was yet. That was until they were positioned in front of me. As soon as they became recognizable, a smile stretched across my face. Also theirs, and we started to laugh.

"Did you think we were going to arrest you?" Tom laughed.

"Did you think I wasn't going to run, if it wasn't you two fucks?" I chuckled.

The laughing soon calmed down and then we got to business.

"So Aid, you couldn't meet me yesterday. But have you got some stuff on you now?" Billy asked.

"Of course I do man." I smirked.

"I'm guessing you've only got a certain amount?" Tom questioned.

"Afraid so." I replied and showed them what I had. They didn't say anymore. Just exchanged the money for drugs and went on their way, as I did too.

I couldn't believe I had worried about getting arrested. It could've only been those two or other corrupted ones. This town was filled with them, only around three good eggs. The corruption in the police was a good thing for me. It meant that my business could run smoothly, without anyone trying to shut it down. The downside was the violence and shootings would never get sorted, if they were caused by dealers or gangs. The beef you caused, it's on you. The police aren't going to help you, neither are half your allies. That's just the way it was around here.

As I reached my road, I looked around to see who was around. It had just hit 3am and there was still people out here. On my right was a few kids, ages ranging from 14-16. They were showing each other some pretty valuable stuff, like watches and other types of jewelry. They had most probably just stolen it. And that really didn't make me happy, because of their age. So I switched my direction and walked towards them.

"Hey Aiden." One of the young boys greeted me.

"What's up?" I replied. "You guys good?"

"Yeah, we good." Another slightly older boy responded.

"Why're you guys out at this time? You should be at home, in bed asleep." I told them.

"We could ask you the same." Luca spoke.

"I'm older, so no you can't." I stated and clipped him around the back of his head, which made him laugh. "Look I know what you guys have been doing, I ain't stupid. So here." I told them and pass the three boys one hundred dollars each. They money meant nothing to me, if it meant they wouldn't have to do the shit I do everyday. I'd rather them safe at home, than roaming the streets at this hour. Even if it did mean losing some needed cash.

"Are you sure?" Luca asked, with a thankful expression.

"Yeah, but on one condition; You get your asses home and come to me if you need help. The streets ain't a nice place for good kids like you." I said. "Now go on, go."

They all said thank you and rushed home. A smile crept on to my face and I hoped they would stick to my conditions. They're good kids, definitely ones I didn't want to see locked up. If anything, I deserved to be locked up more than them.

I carried on up my street, waiting for my house to come in sight. Which it did after a few seconds of walking. But what caught my eye, was the car pulling up outside Violets parents house. At first I thought it was a taxi. That was until the car pulled into the drive and turned off the engine.

I switched sides of the road and walked into my house, once I reached it. I couldn't be bothered to wait outside for someone to appear. So instead I went to my room and got ready for bed. A light shone through my window, indicating their porch light had been triggered. I peered out the window, after removing my shirt and saw a female figure entering the house. Before I could figure out who it was, they closed the door behind them.

Could it be?... No.

Instead of dwelling on the subject, I carried on getting undressed. Then climbed into bed and turned my TV on, for sound and light. An then fell asleep, preparing myself for another day of fighting to survive.

---------------------

Hey guys!!

So what do you think of Aiden? Does he perk your interests? or a bit too boring for you? I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and I hope you like the rest of the book. If you wanna air your opinion on the first chapter don't be afraid to drop a comment :) or if you liked it, don't threat to vote.

Have a lovely day and night :)

Please Like, Comment & Recommend. Thank yoou!!!