Chapter 10

Pacifica Northwest sat in the darkness, hugging her knees, tears dribbling down her cheeks. She dabbed at her puffy eyes, knowing that her parents were a couple rooms down from her own and if they came in, she had to look presentable.

She could feel the bandages around her torso rub against her bare skin under her thin shirt, making her feel very self conscious though no one else was in the room. She sighed and stood up straight, stretching before grabbing her purple blankets and wrapping herself inside. Pacifica debated whether or not she could get away with sneaking downstairs to make some hot chocolate.

Her parents were fairly light sleepers, any sudden noise could wake them. She was grateful they were very tired the day the unicorn came.

She smiled at the memory and her mind then went to Mabel Pines. They only person she could officially call a friend, who was also leaving in a day. She wondered if and when the twins would come back. How they would've changed, would they still remember her if they came back? Her thoughts were rudely interrupted by tapping of what sounded like tiny objects rather than fingers on her window.

Confused but curious, she went over to the window and opened it, closing her eyes as she wrapped the blanket more tightly around her as the cold air hit her.

"Paz" someone hissed from outside, an all too familiar voice.

Pacifica looked down but saw nothing but black. She squinted "Mabel?"

"Stand back, I'm coming up!!"

Doing as she was told, the blonde stepped back. She yelped as she saw the end of a hook lodge itself into her windowsill. Her parents are going to kill her.

Next where the grunts of effort as Mabel made her way up the mansion walls, occasionally slipping and giving the blonde mini heart attacks. Eventually she saw a hand reach over, and then another.

"Mabel you're crazy" pacifica said, smiling as the brunette pushed herself up and rolled into her room.

She lay there for a couple of seconds, breathing heavily. There were little cuts in her hands where the metal wire of her grappling hook had dug into her skin and pacifica decided after she'd checked Mabel for any more cuts, she'd grab the first aid kit from the bathroom.

Mabel sat up, raising her hands to her face and grinning, her braces shining in the artificial lighting in Pacifica's room.

"Rope burn, cool! Wait is this rope burn or... Wire burn??" She watching as blood started to bubble at the surfaces of the cuts.

"I'm gonna go get the first aid kit" she was about to walk out of the room but stopped. She pointed to Mabel "stay" she said as if the brunette were a dog.

Mabel nodded, using her hands to get up from her carpet and leaving little crimson stains. Pacifica sighed and left the room, grabbing the bright red box and bringing it back. She hadn't even been gone a minute when she came back in to see Mabel checking out her expensive makeup.

"Don't touch that" pacifica dropped the box on her bed, and steered Mabel away from her makeup table.

She sat the brunette down and carefully applied plasters, which were all a dull grey colour, to the cuts. Mabel's hands were tiny so it was hard to adjust the plasters and some awkwardly overlapped.

"Thanks Paz!" Mabel said cheerily, holding up her hands to admire Pacifica's handy work.

Paz

The nickname had stuck with her and it made her smile every time Mabel said it. She blushed lightly as Mabel turned to her, her big brown eyes making the blonde melt.

"OK, so are you gonna tell me why you're here?" She asked, excited.

"What? Oh yeah!" Mabel grinned again. She flicked her bangs out of her eyes and started "so as you know we're leaving in a day"

Pacifica nodded, part of her knew this had something to do with the fact that the twins were leaving.

"and we don't know when we'll be back" Mabel's smile faded slightly, confusing the blonde "I'll miss you, Paz".

Pacifica felt as if she'd been punched in the stomach. Tears started to form in her eyes but she blinked them away. "I'll miss you too" she said, her voice cracking.

"But I promise I'll come back, no matter how long its been" Mabel gave the blonde a soft look, her voice going quiet "and maybe I'll appear like I did tonight, through your window!"

"And to think I actually thought you were gonna say something sane" pacifica rolled her eyes, grinning.

"So if you hear little stones being thrown at your window, its me"

"Those were stones!? Oh my god Mabel"

Mabel shrugged, a mischievous grin on her face, her eyes shining.

"Anyways" she wrapped her hands in her sweater, hunching up her shoulders "I just wanted to say bye" she looks away, avoided eye contact as red spread across her cheeks "so... Bye".

She was about to awkwardly climb out of her window when pacifica stopped her, reaching under her pillow to produce a card, covered with any arts and crafts related thing she could find around the mansion.

She handed it to the brunette "don't open it until your birthday" it seemed pointless but Mabel nodded, holding the card to her chest.

Her eyes were tearing up, her face growing a deep red.

"Bye Mabel" pacifica gave her a half hearted wave as the disappeared out of her window.

The were a yelp and a quiet oof as Mabel lost her grip and fell. Pacifica chuckled, knowing she was fine.

So many emotions were going through the blondes head, she lay down, resting her cold hand on her forehead. Its was OK, Mabel promised she'd come back. And it was very unlike Mabel Pines to break a promise.

She'd just have to sit and wait, even if it took years, knowing the brunette would come back for her.

One more day until her life goes back to normal, no more summer, school, no friends. Well, she had friends but they were more like... acquaintances?? She couldn't call them friends since they did not care for her wellbeing as Dipper and Mabel had done.

When she told them about her parents, they had freaked out, telling her was perfect the way she was. That had made pacifica glow.

Now all she felt was crippling loneliness.

This book is so morbid omfg someone please stop me.
But anyways, I'm enjoying writing this and I have so many new ideas because I spent the weekend reading mabifica fanfics on Ao3 :'D
This book is strangely popular and it makes me so happy that you enjoy reading my terribly written works :)

(Edited)