i

He had black hair, and he was crying. He had on a sweater - one that seemed a bit too big for him. He was crying a name. "Daniel- Please, Dan, wake up..."

The boy lying under the off-white sheets of the bed automatically assumed that he, himself, was Daniel; was Dan. The boy next to him continued to cry; weeping as he sat before him in the brown, plastic chair.

He, Daniel, could ear noise all around him. From the tears of the mystery-boy to the beeping of monitors which surrounded him. Heart-rate monitors... His gaze dropped to his arms. Wires ran along them, connecting him to the strange machines.

He was in hospital...?

He tried to remember what had happened; tried to remember who this boy was; tried to remember who he was. However, nothing came. His mind was an empty void, except for the frustration and confusion which consumed him. He groaned and pulled at his short, ragged hair.

Upon hearing the sounds of dismay from Dan, the boy in the chair slowly looked up. His crystal-blue eyes lit up with joy. "You- You're awake!" He cried. "Dan, you're awake!" The boy jumped up from his cold, hard chair - tears streaming down his face.

Dan blinked, the confusion now taking over him. He tilted his head to the side, trying to make sense of the situation, but to no avail.

"Dan, it's me. It's me, Dan!" The raven-haired boy before him smiled through the tears which formed constellations upon his eyelashes, his eyes twinkling from excitement. After receiving only empty stares from Dan, the boy panicked. "D- Dan... Are you okay?"

Dan blinked, his brows furrowing. "I'm sorry," he shook his head. "Who are you?"

-

phan fic by jetblackhowell and takethisfolieadeux

coming soon...