ii

Dan could overhear the doctor. He was talking quietly, or at least trying to. "He has just awoken from a coma. It's a severe case of Retrograde Amnesia."

"But he'll remember, right?" Someone asked, no doubt the boy with dark black hair. He heard a quiet murmur from the boy.

"He has to remember."

Dan felt horrible, a sinking feeling in his stomach. He clutched the white sheets, and tried to calm his breathing. His breaths were shaky, and inconsistent. Dan was failing at trying to calm himself. He was just causing more paranoia.

Dan felt horrible about not remembering the boy. He couldn't remember anything about who he was. But seeing the tears fall from the boy's hurt Dan. He hated seeing the boy cry, he hated seeing and hearing the false hope.

The door open, revealing the boy. He stood timidly, shifting on his feet. "A-Are you h-hungry?" The boy stuttered.

Dan stared at his nails- short. They weren't bitten off, but they were short and neat. Without looking up, Dan asked quietly, "What's wrong with me?"

The boy's eyes grew wide, hurrying over to Dan's bedside without a second thought. "There's nothing wrong with you!" He exclaimed, hugging Dan tight.

Dan stiffened, his voice croaking, "W-Who are you?"

The boy backs away, tears in his eyes beginning to drop. His face was turning red, along with his eyes. "Phil Lester. We were flat mates and..." He hid his head as he whispered, "and boyfriends."

In that moment, Phil looked frail, like a piece of expensive china. He looked so broken, his whole face red as tears continued to fall.

"I'm sorry..." Dan responded, looking away from the boy falling apart in front of his eyes.

-

chapter by takethisfolieadeux