iv

"Mister Lester?"

Phil's eyes shot open as he heard his name. Slowly, he lifted his head and looked around. The room was dark; the raven-haired boy could only focus on what seemed like a distant beeping and the nauseating stench of anti-bacterial.

"Mister Lester!" The force in the voice caused Phil to jump. He found himself on his feet very suddenly, his cheeks ablaze. "Mister Lester, I'm afraid visiting hours are over."

"I, um- Oh, sorry." Phil reached down beside Dan's bed to collect his bag and jacket, kissing the sleeping boy's forehead as he rose. "Sleep tight, nerd."

~*~

For the first time in what seemed like forever, Phil's sleep was undisturbed – peaceful, almost. A smile found its way onto Phil's lips as he dreamt of what had been.

It was the previous year: Valentine's Day. He and Dan had been dating for exactly one year when the day had come around and, although Dan wasn't expecting anything, Phil had planned the perfect surprise.

"Where are we going?" Dan had laughed, his eyes covered by a red ribbon. He grasped Phil's hand tight as he was pulled through the busy streets of London.

"You'll see!" Phil held him close as they entered a building, guiding him to an elevator. "Just a minute or two and you can take the blindfold off," he assured him.

The lift reached the 31st floor and Phil took Dan's hand as they exited. "Here we go..." Phil moved behind Dan and undid the bow made of the red fabric. "Three, two, one-"

"Oh my god, Phil, it's perfect!" Dan gazed at the scene in front of him.

"Welcome, my dearest Bear, to the Aqua Shard," Phil smiled, kissing Dan on the cheek and taking his hand once more. A small waitress waddled over and directed them to their table by the window. The sun had begun to set over the Thames, engulfing the entire city in its fiery glow. Dan was mesmerised by the sight as he sat down – Phil across from him.

"This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Phil," his eyes were glazed with wonder.

"It is gorgeous, but I think it's the second most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

Dan frowned. "What could be more amazing than this?"

"You," Phil smiled, causing Dan to blush. "Happy Valentine's Day, Bear."

"I think I might just be the luckiest man on the planet..."

"Nope, that would be me. Who could be luckier when they have Daniel James Howell as their boyfriend?"

"Oh shush, you spork."

"I love you, Dan."

"I love you too, Phil."

-

(written by @jetblackhowell)
a/n: oops I wanted some cute stuff just because it's Valentine's Day. Hope you guys like this.
Also, should I write more Valentine's Day stuff? Or like, should I make a one shot book and have cute short things??