Part Eighteen

"Thirty million dollars?" I exclaim and Riley nods her head.

"I also get a portion of the profits, and it will probably end up having more copies of my book sold, so..." Riley mumbles and I smile.

"That's amazing Riley! Congrats! We should celebrate. Of course, you're paying." I told her as we exited the building.

"Why should I pay?" Riley asks appalled and I laugh.

"Because you're clutching a cheque for 30 million dollars in your hands." I remind her and she laughs.

"Fine. Lunch on me then." She chuckles and I shake my head.

"Don't forget about every other meal for the rest of forever!" I mock and Riley rolls her eyes, gently shoving me.

"Shut up..." She mumbles, and we walk across the street to a bank. Surprisingly, it's pretty empty, so we are able to get with a worker pretty quickly.

"Hi, I'd like to make a deposit." Riley says, sliding the cheque across the wooden table. The assistant's eyes widen and she looks up at Riley.

"Did you win the lottery or something?" She asks and Riley shakes her head.

"No, her book is being turned into a movie." I answer for Riley, and she looks down at the cheque.

"Aren't you a little young to-" She spots Riley Shorn written in neat handwriting and her jaw drops. "Miss Shorn, I am a huge fan of your work! When is your next book coming out?" She asks, typing into her computer, occasionally glancing down at the cheque.

"Pretty soon, I believe. I just finished writing it, so it needs to go through the editing process and everything, but it should come out in a few months." Riley tells her and the worker smiles.

"I can't wait! Is there anything else you need?" The woman asks, and Riley smiles.

"Actually, yes. Is there any possibility that you could set up a checking account for Michelle, connected to my account?" Riley asks and my eyes go wide.

"Riley, you don't need to do that." I tell her and she shakes her head.

"I wouldn't have come today if you weren't here with me. I trust you, and I can still manage over your account and everything. You don't have to use it, but it's there if you need it." Riley tells me, placing her hand on top of mine.

"You guys are an adorable couple. Can I have your license?" She asks and I slide my license to her.

"We're not a couple, just best friends." Riley tells her and I smile at Riley again.

"Thank you so much Riley." We answer a few quick questions, and before I know it, I'm holding a blue debit card with my name on it.

"Have a great day!" The woman says as we leave.

"You too!" I call out, as I place the card in my wallet next to my license. "Thank you so much Riley. I owe you one." I tell her and she smiles.

"No, you don't. Now come on, let's go celebrate!" Riley smiles, grabbing my hand as we ran through the streets of Hollywood.

This may seem like an 'unimportant' chapter, but I promise you - it isn't. I'm still working on my biology, just like I will be the next few hours. Sigh. If anyone wants to save me, please do!!!

No song for this chapter, but I'll have one for the next chapter, I promise!

Eight votes and four comments for the next part!(: