Part Twenty Eight

Riley's POV

*Flash Forward - Unknown period of time later*

I stare down at the invitation. Michelle wants me to come. She must not hate me. But I can't just show up and expect everything to be okay. What I did to her was unforgivable.

It's been months since I last saw Michelle. We catch eyes on campus every once in a while, but I'm out of sight before she gets a chance to talk to me. I keep telling myself it's for the best, even though it hurts.

"Staring at this will do you no good," Raven says sternly, ripping up the invitation in my hands. "You're never going to forget about her if you keep putting yourself through this." She tells me as she tosses the shreds of paper into the trash.

"But what if I don't want to forget?" I ask, laying down on my bed. The entire room is black, dark red and purple, on account of Raven being hardcore goth and me feeling so empty inside that the colors match my emotions.

Laying on my off-black bed sheets, I tear my eyes away from the trash can and shut my eyes tightly. Raven sits next to me and runs her hands through her hair.

"I don't know, sweetie... I don't know," Raven keeps this up for a while before she kisses me on the forehead and stands up. "Tommy is waiting for me. It's our one year anniversary. I'll see you later!" Raven leaves the dorm room and I open my eyes. They drift to the trash can by the door, and I stand up slowly. My body moves towards it as though a magnetic force was pulling me there, despite Raven's voice and my conscious telling me not to.

As I stare down at the shards of paper, ripped up almost beyond fixing point, I lean down and pick up the pieces in my hand. I turn on my desk light and grab satin tape, checking the clock. Raven won't get home for at least four hours. I'm not sure if it will be enough time, but it'll have to do.

*Present day*

My phone vibrates, and I check the door before pulling it out from my bra. I click on the flashing message sign, and a text from Michelle shows up on the screen.

'About to get on the plane. Christie and Monkey are coming to /: They'll get here a few hours after I do. I'll be there soon, just tough it out a bit longer!'

I smile, and put the phone in the sole of my shoe. I slowly stand up, and walk down the long, dark hallway towards the kitchen. I lean against the doorway and silently watch Ellie as she prepares my food.

"Hey," I say, and Ellie turns to me and smiles. "Do you have any spare clothes I could wear? I wanted to shower." I tell her and Ellie nods her head.

"They're beneath the sink. There's both size 0 and size 1/2 in jeans." She tells me and I smile.

"Thanks." I walk towards the bathroom and shut the door before stripping down. I turn the shower on and pull my hair out of the ponytail it's in. I stick my hand under the running water and climb in when it's warm enough.

After a quick shower, I step out and dry myself off. I wrap the towel around my body and open up the cupboard beneath the sink before groaning.

"You're fucking kidding me."

Can you guys guess what's going to happen?(:

I'm very curious. Let me know!

Like, comment, enjoy!

-S