2 - The Last Night

"Isn't this place nice!" Luke exclaimed as he walking through the doors of the little winter cottage.

Lily looked enthused. "Very!" She turned to him and kissed his cheek. "Tonight is gonna be fun."

They set their bags down in the entry hall and walked around together looking at the rooms. When they got in the kitchen, Luke's smile was so huge, it almost came off his face. Luke was going to a culinary arts college and this was the last night before he left. He ran over to one of the counters and started looking at all the tools that he was thrilled to cook with tonight.

They continued put walk through and stopped in the living room. Luke looked at Lily, "You wanna watch a movie?" Lily grinned back and nodded her head. They walked over to the couch and sat down together. Luke picked up the remote, "Which one do you wanna watch?"

Lily paused and looked at the list on the screen, "Singing in the Rain?" The both smiled at each other and Luke started the movie. He put his arm around her and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

After the movie ended, Lily followed Luke into the kitchen. "Hey!" Luke exclaimed, "Surprise dinner. You can go unpack the suitcases."

Lily smiled and rolled her eyes, "Fine. And after I'm done, I'll just play on your X-Box until you're done!" Luke opened his mouth to protest, but before he could, she grinned and quickly ran off. He shook his head and started to prep the meal.

Lily slowed down as she reached the entrance area where she and Luke had left their bags. She lugged them into their room and unpacked them. Then she plugged in Luke's X-Box, turned on a mic, and started playing COD with Luke's friends.

*************************************

"Lily," Luke walked into their room. Lily looked at him and smiled. "Dinner's ready." He held out his hand and she grabbed it. He pulled her up.

Lily watched Like as he pulled a blindfold out of his pocket. "Oh no. I don't do blindfolds," Lily said as she crossed her arms and closed her eyes.

Luke wrapped the blindfold around her eyes and grabbed her hand gently, "Let's go." He walked her into the dining room. "Here we are," Luke said, a little proud of himself. When he pulled the blindfold off, Lily was overwhelmed with joy. The dining room was filled with dozens of lot candles which gave it just the right mood. On the table where her favorite flowers: white roses. The tablecloth was a deep maroon and it went well with the rest of the entirely white room.

Lily blushed as she realized that she was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and he was wearing a nice tux. "Thi... This is beautiful!" She smiled widely and wrapped her arms around Luke tightly. "I love you so much," she said starting to cry a bit.

Luke pulled away as he realized she was crying. "Oh no. No you don't. There will be no crying." He kissed her on the forehead, "Ready for your gourmet meal?" She sniffled, then smiled. They walked over to her seat. Luke pulled out her chair, waited for her to sit down, then pushed it in for her. He walked around the table and sat in his chair. "Bon apatite!" They both pulled the lids off of their plates and stared at the Hawaiian pizza in the plates before them. Lily started to giggle, "What!" Luke said, pretending to be offended.

Lily smiled and tilted her head a little bit, "I love it." They are their pizza and after about 4 slices each, they lie on the couch and watched another movie with popcorn. After the movie ended they took turns showering, they played COD together for a bit, and they went to bed.

*************************************

Lily woke up yawning. She sat up and saw Luke with a tray. On that tray was pancakes, bacon, and fried eggs. They each got a plate and split the rations in half. After they ate they got ready and did the dishes together. "Luke, I really enjoyed this," Lily said while they both sat on the couch holding hands. Luke kissed her and she kissed him back. She started to cry as she realized that this probably wouldn't happen for a while. Luke pulled away and Lily looked at the clock. "11:00," Lily said frowning, "It's time to go."

They both got up, grabbed their belongings, and got in the car. "Goodbye nice house." Lily said still frowning.

Luke grinned a little, "We'll have to do this again soon." The ride was loud. Very loud. They listened to music and talked the entire time. When the drive ended, they kissed, cried, and went their separate ways.

*************************************

She sat there in the grass. Listening to music in her earbuds and drawing a white rose. When she finished, she held the drawing to her chest and a few warm tears poured down her face. "I love you Luke"