Genesis - Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Genesis x Reader : Loveless

Many thanks to J i η X

(http://www.quotev.com/JinxingJinxer) who requested I write for this red-headed SOLDIER.

I'm actually sorry this seemed to turn out to be more of a friendship thing, with a little bit of fluff at the end, but I wasn't sure what you wanted so I just kinda rolled with what I had.

(Y/N) = Your Name. (E/N) = Ex's name.

Disclaimer: I do not own any Final Fantasy character or storyline.

You let out a puff of air as you walked to the small café you had arranged to meet your old childhood friend at. The two of you hadn't seen each other for years, him having gone off to work for Shinra and yourself staying behind in Banora to work as an author, but now you finally had the chance to catch up as you were visiting Midgar for a few weeks.

You walked through the streets, dodging the busy business people and kids as they walked or ran along; scanning along the shops for that one blasted café you had to meet him at. You had passes several clothing stores... a theatre... a bookstore...bingo!

Your pace picked up as you saw the small building, accessorized nicely with small little tables and chairs, and you couldn't help the large grin that spread across your face when you spotted the unmistakable red hair and jacket of your childhood friend – the same coat you had bought him before he had left.

You quietly approached behind the man, and as you were a few feet away you could hear the quiet words he was whispering fluently under his breath.

"There is no hate, only joy

For you are beloved by the goddess.

Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds

Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul.

Pride is lost

Wings stripped away, the end is nigh..."

You smiled lightly, walking up behind him and wrapping your arms around him in a hug.

"My friend," you began to quote, "do you fly away now?

To a world that abhors you and I?

All that awaits you is a somber morrow

No matter where the winds may blow...

Hello Dork."

"I'm pretty sure 'hello Dork' isn't the next line..." Genesis said mockingly, flicking through the pages of the book he always carried with him.

"Isn't it?" you moved to sit across from him, looking the familiar man up and down. "You look well. SOLDIER treating you nicely?"

"Something like that," he chuckled, smiling slightly at you. "You look beautiful, like always."

"Well thank you," you nodded your head slightly, before smiling widely at him. "It's really been way too long.

"It has, hasn't it?" His face became somewhat saddened. "I was almost worried you'd forgotten about me."

"Oh please, like I could forget about my best friend," you rolled your eyes. "No, Gen, I'd never forget about you...it's just a matter of being busy. My book's been going well, so I've been absorbed into that, the breakup was still sort of fresh in my mind, not to mention how worried I was when you would tell me about all those horrible missions you've been on."