Chapter 4

The drive to the diner was quiet and left me alone to think of where the ring would be.

I exited my car and walked to diner’s entrance, I opened the door to the diner and it was empty, not a soul was there.

Jones was on the phone and waved at me, “You taking Natalie’s shift?” He mouthed to me.

I nodded and set my purse and jacket down in the office adjoining the kitchen.

It was a Wednesday, and on Wednesdays there were big hockey games at the arena and beer gardens, which left Jones empty.

While I was in the back reading I heard the bells chime and Jones deep voice beckoning someone, “Sit wherever you feel, your server will be right with you.” He then appeared in the back room where I currently sat, “Corra you have a costumer up front,” then he walked in to the kitchen preparing to cook by putting on his apron, he was still on the phone.

I took one last sip of my lemonade and stood up grabbing my notepad leaving my book behind, I pushed on the double doors and almost tripped over my own two feet. Sitting in my favorite booth was Wesley.

He had on an oversized long sleeve shirt and was wearing a pair of dark jeans looking handsome as ever.

I regained my footing and gulped slowly walking towards him, he was cute and I couldn’t help but be interested in him, “Hello,” I said my voice quiet and shy, “What can I get for you to drink?”

He let out a deep chuckle, “Aren’t you supposed to introduce yourself first?” He asked me crossing his arms and staring into my eyes.

I stuttered, he made me nervous, “C-C-Corra,”

Wesley interrupted me before I could speak anymore, “I take it you know my name already?” he asked.

I didn’t trust my voice so I just nodded.

He shook his head and looked at his hands, “Corra I don’t want you to get to know me through what everyone else says,” He looked in to my green eyes and I stared in to his brown eyes, “Do you remember me?”

“Yes, I do” I said quietly.

Wesley’s laughed boomed across the room, “You don’t need to be scared of me, and I’m not a creeper I swear.”

“How come you never came up to me at school then?” I asked bitterly, I couldn’t help it, I needed to know why he was so cold to me, and it bothered me.

Wesley chucked at my word choice, “I’m sorry for that, today just wasn’t a good day, I wanted to come see you, but you left,” He told me looking up at me apologetically, his eyes said he was sorry, “Fresh start?” he asked.

I nodded, I wanted to make a jab about his man period but I held it back, “Fresh start.”

“I’d never want to hurt you,” He told me.

It was strange since I felt like I knew him, but in all honestly I really didn’t, but I oddly believed him. I knew he wouldn’t hurt me, “I know, so what can I get you Wesley?”

“I’ll just have a lemonade, can you join me?”

I smirked, if only I could sit with him, “I wish, but im working.”

Jones then poked his head out of the double swinging doors, “Corra Taylor join that boy and I’ll bring you two some nachos,” he hollered.

I smiled leave it to Jones to be eavesdropping on us, I sat down across from Wesley and he smiled at me.

“How come you were at that train station?” he asked me.

“My mom lives there and I was visiting her,” I told him.